DODGE RAM FORUM banner

New Winter Tires without TPMS

915 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  SJP2X11RT 
#1 ·
Well, Just got my new winter tires and rims on for the winter. I cheeped out on the TPMS. I thought i was going to have to deal with the light on the dash, but there is no light or beeps?

any suggestions on why lol, i'm not complaining but just curious why it never happened?

#2 ·
ive heard several different things about this. not sue how true it is but they make sense. one is itll take the computer a lil while to recognize the lack of sensors. another is if you park close to the old wheels and they still have the sensors in them the computer will recognize them as being inflated and the light wont come on. when you leave where the old tires are parked it will take a while for the computer to realize this so the light might not come on right away. this was reasons givin on a tacoma forum and it does make sense to me. perhaps someone else can weigh in on this.

#3 ·
I left the tpms off on my Titan and had the black tape ready to block out the warning light but it only comes on every hundred miles on average and goes out after five minutes......since truck has full spare its worth saving the tpms money for better use,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.