DODGE RAM FORUM banner

M&M (Modded Mango)

103K views 759 replies 79 participants last post by  Tred 
#1 ·
So I thought I would go ahead and start this little complete build thread. To start things off, I was in hunting for a new truck and loved the 4th Gen Rams. Looking around Atlanta, I was between a Black Sport and the Mango Sport. The first one that I went to test drive was the Mango and as soon as I seen the sport hood and the color in person I knew it was the "one". (Plus I almost painted my 2000 Silverado burnt orange about 6 months prior) Anyways, ended up taking her home that day

She stayed completely stock for about 3 days. The first thing was to tint the front windows. Then I made the mistake :doh: of finding this forum, because it has sufficiently drained my pockets every since. :LOL: Next was a 18" Magnaflow muffler and then the K&N and painted engine cover, but then that was all removed for the Vararam Air Grabber intake.

Other mods (so far) have been a DiabloSport Predator, LEDs inside and out, a BedRug, wrapped interior silver with Carbon Fiber Di-Noc, Color matched the background on the ram and calipers, added orange evil eyes to the front ram, added orange LEDs to the vents on the sport hood, Debadged. The latest addition has been the Hurst shifter. I be sure to keep everyone up to date and add pictures to this thread as I get them off my phone. I do know that the next thing in the works is a custom airbrush job of the lid for the Vararam.

(Before I added the Evil Eyes)

Oh and I did get an R/T front badge the other day...

See less See more
#3 ·
Yea the way I save money is to stay off this forum for a couple days (rarely ever happens) and it is amazing what my bank account looks like after just a couple days lol. Truck looks great man. I have always loved that color ram.. Am seriously thinking of having mine painted this color.. Just got to see how much of a punch my wallet would take.

#7 ·
Looking good! One question for ya. Where did you get the color matched caliper paint? I really wanna paint my calipers MangoTango now that my wheels are black, think it will make it pop. Also, has it held up so far?

#8 ·
The paint that I used was VHT Engine Metallic Burnt Copper. It is a very close match to the Mango Tango color, just slightly lighter. I used it to paint the background on the emblem and the engine cover. I have had them painted for about 5k miles and I did notice that a small part of one of the front has came off. I do plan on doing them again before Gatty.

#280 ·
Got the electric fan installed. Only took about 20 minutes to swap over. It does work awesome and hasnt even had to kick into high speed yet.

I really think you need to put your painted engine cover back on - It fits fine. You can cut the side of it for the PCV filter, or do like I did, and used the whole OEM tube and installed the filter on the end of it. Cut the tube back to just where it comes back out of the cover, then slide the OEM boot on it again.

#21 ·
So I drove down to Summit Racing in McDonough, GA today because they were having some car show and had a few Pro Stock cars there along with BigFoot. Was pulling in following traffic and some one working the parking stopped me and asked me where I was going, I said "Parking." He said "No, you need to go park up front with the hot rod parking in the car show." I said ok. Guess I was in my first car show. Good thing that I washed and detailed it before I went there.

#22 ·
Got the Lockpick installed. Things works great! Only problem is I was trying to figure out how to turn off the mirroring on the front camera I installed, and I dropped the glass lens and broke it.:doh: SO then I found out that the camera I bought is only for the rear and has only mirrored image. Just bought another and hopefully it will be here tomorrow to switch out. If anyone wants a Pyle PLCM22IR camera without the glass lense, PM me. Ill let it go cheap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.