DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Whatis Tip start?

27K views 27 replies 15 participants last post by  Rambunkshuss 
#1 ·
My build sheet shows that I have Tip start what is this option.

#8 ·
I hold my key anyways. It feels weird not to.

I don't know if I'd be able to get used to push start if I had it.

#15 ·
"On the service side, GM is much better fixing an issue than the Chrysler dealers and GM provides a free loaner vehicle.[/QUOTE]"

i've owned 5 dodge ram trucks and never once visited a dealer for service. my 2014 will be the first one when i go to the dealer for it's first oil change. my one and only chevy had constant electrical problems so i got rid of it and got my 14 ram.
my only dodge problem was with a fuel pump after 130,000 miles.

rob

#23 ·
"On the service side, GM is much better fixing an issue than the Chrysler dealers and GM provides a free loaner vehicle.
"

i've owned 5 dodge ram trucks and never once visited a dealer for service. my 2014 will be the first one when i go to the dealer for it's first oil change. my one and only chevy had constant electrical problems so i got rid of it and got my 14 ram.
my only dodge problem was with a fuel pump after 130,000 miles.

rob[/QUOTE]

I got one of the first Gen 2 Rams when they first came out in late '93. Actually got good service from the dealer. Had to have two water pumps, one fuel pump and a serpentine belt. I don't consider that bad since that was over a 21 year/293,000 mile life. It was still better than a Chevy when I got rid of it.

#19 · (Edited)
Funny. I have heard all the "why Chevy is better" by two family members with newer Chevy 2500 Deisel trucks. Both have been nothing but trouble from their "superior" Alison transmission to the engine and associated electrical troubles. They shift like crap when they do run, get 17mpg from a deisel and the interior squeeks and rattles on even the best highways. They feel like a 20 year old farm truck. There is nothing revolutionary or premium about them. I guess if you purposely were trying to avoid or was scared of technology then the Chevy might be your truck. Older guys scared of technology is a big demographic of Chevy truck buyers.
I chalk it up to old Chevy brainwashing and blind brand loyally.

#22 ·
I turn the key to "on" until the evic lights finish their thing then tap the start position. I like the push button on/off I've used in rental cars. I really like the models where you don't even have to insert the fob...as long as it's in range the car will start (I think that was on a Lincoln MKX rental car).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.