DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Alignment Qwestion

1K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  sonocativo 
#1 ·
Tonight I got all my tie rods, track bar and steering stabilizer replaced. With the steering wheel straight it pulls hard to the left. Visually you can see both tires face to the left a bit ( the passenger side turns in more than the drivers side turns out ) but they both needs attention. What is the best way to "in general" straighten them... Just measure from the front of the rim and the rear of the rim distance till they are even? Im not worried too much about it since my tires are going to get replaced eventually and I will get a proper alignment then... no need to waste money .:doh:
I havent had a chance to take pictures yet but will do soon as I know you all like pictures:smileup::gy:

#3 · (Edited)
Ok, took a bit but got it pretty good and straight, I can let go of the wheel and the truck stays straight, not perfect but really close. When I get some new shoes on the beast I will have a proper alignment done for the warranty. I read in the repair manual the front of the rim is supposed to be a fraction of an inch in...basically dead on straight and in a tad... I cant get a measurment due to the axle, supports/mounts, and various components are in the way to run a measuring tape so I basically eye balled the wheels but anyone know a better way?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.