DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Questions

2K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  eltoro2 
#1 ·
I know i am new to this forum but am no stranger to modifying my trucks and motorcycles. There is a lot of info here that is great to read but does anybody else get tired of seeing the same questions about intake and exhaust asked daily? Im on a forum for custom honda motorcycles and the big rule there is to do a search before you ask your question. The other thing is your first post should never be a question, it's in bad form to join and ask a question before you set up ur profile. I'm not used to noobs not getting harassed a little for asking the same question over and over and basically no pics=no truck/bike. Just my 2 cents, i guess im just not used to this type of forum. This is not a stab in anyway just wasn't sure if i was the only one.

#2 ·
I too have belonged to many forums for trucks, motorcycles and snowmobiles. I find this forum to be much more laid back than most. I understand everything you are saying, but I for one find the friendliness and understanding attitude here to be very refreshing. I enjoy this site, and love seeing newbies of all kinds even if they are not very forum savvy. That being said...welcome and maybe some will learn from your post. Take care..Kevin

#5 ·
I will agree to a point. I love these forums, I haven't been around for too long either, and i have been on many forums before as well, weather bmw, ranger, fishing, and others, and these forumZ are the best out there!!

We are a VERY laid back "family" and are always willing to help out others, and give our opinions if it will help at all. I think a good thing about some people always asking questions that have been asked before, is that, it keeps the forums going a bit. Cause if everyone searched the forums and then no posted, would make this a very a boring forum, and i've been there, and done that!! I can't wait to get some spare money when im not scrapping to get by, so that I can support this awesome site!!

GO Z LIFE FORUMZ, AND DODGE RAMS!!!!!

#6 ·
If people weren't asking about intakes and exhausts, they wouldn't have anything to ask about.
While the chevy crowd is talking about everything from motor swaps to body drops, most Ram owners are afraid to put on even an air intake because it might void the warranty.
Not saying that's bad per se, it's just very different if you're used to other forums.

#7 ·
This forum has to be one of the friendliest I've been to in regards to vehicles. Here are two examples. The CBRForum (I ride and race Honda CBRs) has an extensive wealth of information, but the moderators and members in general always shove their opinions down your throat. Bitch please, if I want to do a wheelie I'll do it regardless of whether you like it or not. And AudiWorld (I own two Audis) has arguably the best technical knowledge base of late model Audis on the Internet, unfortunately the members there act as if they are Gods of the road. Please, I make more money than a doctor so stop acting like you're better than me 'cause your Audi makes more horsepower than mine. This forum has some fantastic individuals. CajunDodge, BlueJet, Remerson are just a few names but everyone in general is all pretty cool. In the short time I've been here, I've never really had a problem with anyone and we all work to together and have a whole lot of fun here. I'd like to go out and actually meet some of the members one day but I'm too shy and too fat to leave the house. :)

#8 ·
Well put Incognito (and thanks for the compliment :)) and I agree. I have been on other forums myself and I have to say, hands down, the Z forums is exactly what I was looking for when I joined all the others, just never found it until I landed here. Some are just downright nasty in that they showcase what happens to society itself on a larger scale when people are left to their own devices, it boils down to a bunch of arguing and bickering, kinda like some things on tv, just not worth my time. This place however, is just a great group of down to earth real people centered around one really cool common thread, pun intended, we all love our RAM trucks!!!

More to the original point of this thread, it's difficult, with so many members and so much information to avoid altogether the redundancy of posts on the same topics. However, on the one hand, it always makes for interesting reading if nothing else, but on the other, at least on the Z forums, there is a lot more positive interaction amongst the members than anywhere else and there's never a dull moment 'cause it's such a lively place to be!!! :smileup:

- Cajun

#19 ·
Well put Incognito (and thanks for the compliment :)) and I agree. I have been on other forums myself and I have to say, hands down, the Z forums is exactly what I was looking for when I joined all the others, just never found it until I landed here. Some are just downright nasty in that they showcase what happens to society itself on a larger scale when people are left to their own devices, it boils down to a bunch of arguing and bickering, kinda like some things on tv, just not worth my time. This place however, is just a great group of down to earth real people centered around one really cool common thread, pun intended, we all love our RAM trucks!!!

- Cajun
Yup, it's all good, girl. Your funny posts keep me laughing. I gotta make sure I'm not drinking anything when I read your posts otherwise I end up spewing all over my monitor! :)

I thank God I was trained in the automotive field and that I also was privy to all of the nightmares coming out of the auto giants.........brothers and sister if you only knew 1/2 of the nightmares I knew It would blow your minds.
I know all about stuff like that. I worked for GM for many years. Toured factories in Ontario where they built the W-Body and F-Body platform. Stories of such were already rampant back when GM locked out their employees when they were battling the CAW.

Overall this is a great forum and I really wish there were more "Z" sites around. One of computers, one for roofing contractors and so on. One thing I must mention about this site is there are some members here with some absolutely fantastic looking trucks. Damn!

#9 ·
I gotta agree with you guys, I was on several truck forums looking for advice for my mods, and as a newbie, I could never ask a questions before getting shouted down 2 seconds later for not searching first. As I was new to forums, I had no clue, but on here, I was able to ask all the questions I wanted to and most always got a RESPECTFUL answer, even if it was impractical for what I wanted to do in particular, but I was always give recomendations, not opinions. After i became part of the member relations team, I realized that was what really made this site great, was how there were people who were dedicated to the Z and they gave their time willingly to help others.

If you really want to feel more at home, GunMetal57, I can spam and berate you for making stupid posts about your 'uselessly slow girly truck':158: ... but I would prefer not to :LOL:

#11 ·
Same here for me. i know i have a few amount of post but i cannot wait somedays to get on the Z and be able to ask questions about a few things ive heard or seen during the day. its VERY laidback and i love that it does honestly feel like a close knit family. i have been a part of a few forumz and gotta say im a lifer here on the Z even if i ever do (lmfao never will happen!) get rid of my RAM!

#14 ·
For instance............One line worker after being denied an advancement at a GM plant up in Michigan decided that it would be kind of funny to piss in the spray on sound deadner container and ruin 3400 lbs of the material, this was only found out after a number of vehicles were brought back with severe mold problems on the surface of the deadner. The material being spoken of was organic based and very temperamental unless kept in its mega container away from the oxygen and stored under a given set temperature.

#15 ·
Some of the most deliberate acts of sabotage were when KNOWN defective transmissions were being installed into the Chrysler Town & Country minivans and then marking them as ok. I mean I can go on and on of the stories from inside the plants by upset or lazy line workers......... Urinating inside of gas tanks............pouring sand into the fuel filling nozzle...........kinking fuel lines........not even bothering to align doors and trim.............installing improper fuses in incorrect locations....I mean seriously I can go on and on all day but I think y'all get my point.

#20 ·
I spent many years working for a Japanese company in service and warranty and assisted in "Warehouse mod's", it was great to work with Factory staff and see how dedicated they were to doing a good job
these guys are different, they would apologize for a problem and fix things that were minor issues
The culture would never consider sbotage
I can count on one hand the assembly problems in 10 years, very rare.
Some production was moved the the states and there was a big change in production quality, not sabotage but just poor quality

#16 ·
The hospital where I work just moved into a brand new building. They've been having problems with the sewer lines. When the ran the fiber optics down there, they found wads of duct tape and big clogs of grout mix that, apparently, disgruntled workers put there. Sucks because this kind of thing usually just screws the end user.

#18 ·
..I for one wasn't brought up in the automotive industry...I became an enthusiast when I bought my 05 Ram hemi...I read the threads on different forums and saw what works and saw what were shots in the dark..I didn't try to reinvent the wheel and followed those who already did the r & d an legwork. Now, I've done over 25 cam/head installs for others as well as other types of installs and done some tuning (at the time with psc1)and have one of the quickest na stockblock qc's around (based on 1/8th an 1/4 miles)... whenever I give an opinion I base it from my experiences with certain items, track times and dynos... i too laugh at some opinions bein spouted sometimes and i know its relative, fast to some will not be considered fast to others.... and I like coming here cuz i feel my knowledge and experience will not be taken for granted...

#22 ·
I have learned a lot from thease forums , so what if people ask the same questions , new people joining all the time wondering about things . they always tell me . [ no such thing as a dumb question . people want to know yes/ this sight is grrrrreat thanks everone .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.