DODGE RAM FORUM banner

On that infamous tire/wheel hunt

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  gonefishin776 
#1 ·
2009 ram laramie 1500 5.7 4x4.Been looking all over for a tire/wheel package. I'm looking for a mostly black rim with chrome or red accents. I've been looking at the ballistic jester rims. For a tire I'm looking for something semi aggressive that looks mean but able to go 120mph+. Looking to spend around $1500-1800. Any suggestions? Also will a 12.5" tire be to wide for my truck? Alot of questions I know just looking for alittle help.
http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-wheels-tires/116809-lt295-65r18-goodyear-duratrac-ballistic-jesters.html

Look I'm going for!

http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-wheels-tires/116809-lt295-65r18-goodyear-duratrac-ballistic-jesters.html

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Well first off getting brand new wheels and tires for under $1800 is probably not going to happen. Maybe if you drop to a 17" wheel but even at that, I doubt it.

A 12.5" wide tire is fine for your truck as long as you get a wheel with the proper offset (20x9 0 offset).

Sounds like you're looking for an all terrain type tire. Toyo AT2s or Nitto Terra Grapplers are a good choice. But there's tons of other ones out there. Check out a site like carID and just look through their pictures online. Then narrow it down to the ones you like.

#3 ·
^^^ what Brandon said there is no way you will be able to get tires and rims for that price unless you down size alot. Terra grapplers are a great tire :smileup:

#5 ·
33" is what the stock tires are. If you want to fill up the wheel well a little more you can go taller. With a leveling kit you can fit 35x12.5's on a 20x9 0 offset rim.

As far as a tuner goes you should do a quick search and read some of the treads about them. If you're just going to use the canned tunes (no custom tuning) then the Bully Dog is a better option.

#7 ·
semi aggressive that looks mean but able to go 120mph+.
what? why? you gonna be racing your truck with offroad tires on it?

#8 ·
Check out my thread I have throttles with milled acsents..Bknife!

#12 ·
look sick, get it

#14 ·
Agreed^^^^ looks bada** !!

#16 ·
Stock offset is +19..so the wheel won't stick out any further. And those are barely wider than a stock tire so you should look pretty darn close to stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.