DODGE RAM FORUM banner

did my leather seat cover by warranty

13K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  millcol 
#1 ·
i own a 2010 laramie crew cab and i just found couple days ago that my driver leather seat start to ripp off.now nobody can give me a clear answer at my dealership.thanks guys for your answer.

#5 ·
from all the posts that i have read about the Chrysler seats tearing, they must have used cheap leather, if it is really leather at all
maybe hide from old fat beef with stretch marks

#6 ·
Your dealer will need to take pictures of the seats and submit them to Chrysler for pre-authorization for warranty. It is not up to your dealer if the repair is covered under warranty. A person at Chrysler makes the decision for them.

#8 ·
Did they take pictures and submit them to Digital Imaging for authorization or did they just look at it and say "no"? If they just looked at it and made the decision themselves, they did not follow protocol. They are to take pictures and submit them for pre-authorization. Make them follow the process if they haven't done so.

#11 ·
That sucks. Sure, one has to wonder if your dealership is really doing the best they can for you but if you choose to pursue it further with Chrysler, I would take some pics of your own and contact Chrysler. There is nothing that says you can't contact them directly and see what, if any, recommendations they make but good luck.

- Cajun

#12 ·
here the final concerning my leather seat .last week i was at another dealer (no more business to the one who sold me my truck since he said no to repair my seat)for my oil change and talk to a salesman there.tell him my story .call a guy at bodyshop.he come take picture (again,another dealer another picture)told him my dealer do the same thing and chrysler said is a big no no.yesterday got a call my leather seat will be replace !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!happy ending

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.