DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2000 dodge ram 3500 electrical problem .... radio,interior lights and mirror's won't work

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  billydj 
#1 ·
:kap:A newbie needs help ... Electrical Problem!!! I give up. I detailed my 2000 Dodge Ram 3500 and now my radio, interior lights and mirrors don't work. Someone told me that maybe I grounded some wires when I moved the seats but I don't know where to start looking. The fuse for the radio is good and the cigar lighter still works. Help!

#2 ·
Define "moved the seats". Did you physically remove them from the cab? Did you spray water in to your engine compartment and/or directly on the fuse box? I would start by going back to everything you touched and inspect it for loose or broken wires. It's sounds like something really simple, it's just a matter of finding it.

#3 ·
2000 Dodge Ram Electrical Problems

I have the same problem with my 2000 1500 Ram. The reason for the problem is the CTM Assy. It controls many things such as the mirrors, seats, door locks , lights, and engine disable function just to mention a few. The CTM is located under the dash next to the ash tray just above the gas pedal. It is a black box that is approximately 5"x5"x1 3/4" and has two heavy wiring harnesses connected to it. The CTM had problems with some radio frequencies which would cause it to malfunction. According to the dealer, a new one costs $372.00, so I am looking for a used one. Also, the dealer said that each CTM is specific to your truck (dependent on the truck's equipment) so you need to get the exact SN.

#4 ·
Did the CTM fix your problem

I have the same problem with my 2000 1500 Ram. The reason for the problem is the CTM Assy. It controls many things such as the mirrors, seats, door locks , lights, and engine disable function just to mention a few. The CTM is located under the dash next to the ash tray just above the gas pedal. It is a black box that is approximately 5"x5"x1 3/4" and has two heavy wiring harnesses connected to it. The CTM had problems with some radio frequencies which would cause it to malfunction. According to the dealer, a new one costs $372.00, so I am looking for a used one. Also, the dealer said that each CTM is specific to your truck (dependent on the truck's equipment) so you need to get the exact SN.
The same thing happened to my 99 ram, like you I gace up looking for it after spending 200.00 looking for it, could you let me know if that was it? thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.