DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Just got permission to buy chr550

2K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  hoyter 
#1 ·
Now before I buy this I want to know for sure that it will work with android phones as well as iPhone. They only advertise it for iPhones and I plan on getting something else when I get a new phone. Will I be able to do all the cool video stuff from a android phone such as the Note? I like the idea of basically controlling my phone from the radio and seeing what I'm doing.

#3 ·
Ask about an Extended warranty if they offer one your going to need it believe me. My unit only lasted 3 months the Ipod cable was defective and they told me to go blow smoke and would not replace it. They wanted to trouble shoot the problem with a local Radio shop but i had to pay the trouble shooting bill myself.

#7 ·
Nikeman, first of all, which radio do you have ?
RHR 730 Navigation
RHB 430 Navigation
RBZ 430 non nav
RES 130 non nav
the letters are found on the radios face, lower right corner, by the AUX plug in

secondly, are you just needing to connect the phone ? or are you trying to do something else too ?
like in motion video ?

#9 ·
i have the chr550 sitting on my toolbox -- never had any issues with it , also ran a reverse camera off of it . i used it for my iphone 4 and was great . sold the 09 wrangler that i had it in , so no need for it now .

i use the usb out on my kenwood nav unit that i installed in my dodge now and alls that does is power my samsung note 2 -- it connects bluetooth and the aux cable and gives me what i need .

#14 ·
if you already have bluetooth with the RHB 430 navigation
you can use voice to run your navigation, you can't use the buttons while moving

you put up the navigation screen, press the button that looks like the guy is speaking, it will prompt you for instructions
if this works, then in your upper glove compartment, there should be a bulkhead connector that a mini usb cable can be plugged into
if you don't have what i mentioned above, then you either need a uconnect module or something that does the same job
I am not sure just what the chr550 actually does

#17 ·
if you already have bluetooth with the RHB 430 navigation
you can use voice to run your navigation, you can't use the buttons while moving

you put up the navigation screen, press the button that looks like the guy is speaking, it will prompt you for instructions
Is this correct?? I have the same radio on my truck but never tried voice Nav? Didnt think i could do this.

#21 ·
One cool thing about the lockpick that I was not aware of is the ability to see that I have a text and who sent it on the radio. I have never been able to get SMS to work with uconnect but it works great with that bonus feature! Just discovered this today when I got a text while driving and listening to pandora.

#22 ·
Who can recommend a cheap camera for the front view cam? I have seen some marketed as "backup cams" for about $25 or so but I worry those are fixed in a mirrored image state which of course would be backwards for the front cam. Can I just buy a cheap license plate "backup cam"? Am I wrong about it being a flipped image?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.