DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Help no spark, no fuel!!

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Thebestestdrummer 
#1 ·
Hey guys im so frustrated right now with my truck. I was working out of town and I turned into our job site and my truck just died after I geared down the automatic to slow down. It would turn over but nothing. Anywyas so I get it towed 6 hours home. I figured it was the computer. Went and bought a used computer nut the last digit was one letter off anyways I plug it and it fires up but ran rough. So I get it towed to dodge so they can reprogram the computer which they did and it ran fine for 15 minutes on the way home then all of the sudden died again and the same problem. so I bought another used computer and nothing I took it to dodge and they cant figure out what it is. I don't know what to do im not just gonna get a new one its still good.

#2 ·
Could use a little more diagnostic info. Do you have electrical power at all? does it crank over but not fire? CEL lit? any codes thrown? are the injectors firing?

lots of people here will help, but specifics are needed to give you direction. otherwise you're just chasing your tail.

#3 ·
I agree with anothernewb with a bit more detail on findings but, with that being said, I would almost say it sounds like a short occuring when up to temp. Possibly a false ground or intermittent short to your ECM. Just throwin thoughts out to you. Let us know what ya find.

#4 ·
Yeah it turns over but no fuel pressure or spark. I had it at 2 places and I told thekm specifically to check the cam and crank sensors and they were both good. the first guy I took it to went over it for hours testing wires supposibly and said it must be the pcm but I tried 4 of them. if it is a shirt like where does a guy start looking. I remember before it died sometimes when you leave off the start it would bog down for mabe 2 seconds then you put it to the floor and it would kick back in.

#5 ·
this is a waaay long shot, but I had a odd issue like this with a jeep once. engine electrical went haywire from time to time at random. Turned out that a rodent had chewed part of a wiring harness. it was intermittently grounding out.

electrical is probably the worst gremlin to test and trace. but I agree - might be a wiring or ground issue

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.