DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Amp install?

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Toms Blue Ram 1500 
#1 ·
does any body have a good video or instructional on how to install an amp in a 98 dodge ram 1500 quad cab?

#2 ·
i dont think theres any videos
but just run your power wires on your driver side under your sills. Most trucks and cars have a channel there and run it under the carpet to your amp. Id say run your amp under the front seats and u can ground it to one of the bolts that holds your seat to the body, i have mine under my center seat in the front but mine is a 05. then run your rcas and remote wire on the passenger side. (always keep your rcas away from your power wire keeps it sounding cleaner) then run your speaker wires under the rear door sill then under the carpet to your sub.
pull the front seats out when you do it, it makes it easier to work. and as for where to run it thru your firewall im not sure but somebody else will chime in with that.

#5 ·
Check right near the steering column. There is a plastic block off plate right there. That is where the clutch master cylinder would be if you had a manual transmission. You can drill right through it, or undo the two bolts holding it and have better access to the piece.

#7 ·
I have my amps and subs under the back seat .... 1/0 gauge ground to a distribution block then 4 gauge from my amps to it its about 5 feet of ground which is long but it works ...power is driver side ,,,remote turn on and rca on the passenger ... quad cabs just werent ment for badass systems so ya have to improvise abit.

#8 ·
Make sure you run your power wire from the battery side straight back, to your fuse block, and make sure you run your audio/remote turn on wire on the opposite side. This will reduce feedback (Engine noise from alternator). I'm not sure on how much power your trying to push, but if your headlights dim when your driving, and your pushing 1,000w or more a capacitor is usually needed to prevent overworking the alternator.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.