DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Snowplowing with my 1500

8K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  robleehone 
#1 ·
I have a 2010 1500 SLT with a light duty plow that I use. I have installed a 3" lift kit but when I lift the plow the front end really drops and gives me very little clearance. was wondring if anyone could tell if I got the torsion bars tightened if that would help to gain some clearance

#6 ·
snow plow on Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab 4X4

Hello,

I have been reading with interest most of what this FORUM has to offer, and wish to thank one and all for all the valuable information. Generally I wouldn’t have much to offer in the way of contributions to the queries and issues raised here.

However, I have had snowplows on all my Dodges since 1979 (Ramcharger), 1986 (D50), 1994 (Dakota), 2001 (Dakota), and now my 2010 Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab 4X4. My sons worked my 1979 commercially. I being less ambitious only plowed our property, a 5,000 square foot drive and parking area and my neighbors back then and now.

I hope I haven’t over explained or over documented this post. I seem to have a propensity to get carried away on this confuser.

The fact is that I did not put much thought or effort into the previous Truck and Plow purchases up until my purchase of this 2010 Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab 4X4. That being said the following may be of some benefit to those of you wishing to Plow with a Ram 1500.

I just went out to double check the drop of my front end so that I am giving you folks true and accurate information.

With the following mentioned Timbrens, and 400 LBS of Salt Ballast in the bed, my truck only drops from 5-1/2” to 5” (½” drop) clearance when the HTS Western 7’6” Plow with the marvelous “ULTRA MOUNT” hook up is raised in the air.

And yes, the manual for this 2010 Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab 4X4, has a disclaimer referencing use of a Plow. I never had a problem with my warranties on my previous Dodges, so when I read the disclaimer I was somewhat alarmed. So… I went to the Dealer I purchased it from and they gave me an affidavit that nullifies the language in the manual. I do not anticipate a problem as I never encountered one over all my years as a Dodge Owner.

By the way, do any of you folks know where I can purchase Taillight Covers for the 2010? I have been all over the net and checked everywhere locally and no one has the Ram covers I want for a 2009, 2010, or 2011.

I hope this information helps those interested in this thread.

Regards,

Douglas Page Chapman Sr.

http://www.truckspring.com/suspension-parts/load-support/fixed-load-support.aspx

Timbren Kits - Overview

Timbren Suspension Enhancement Systems work in conjunction with the existing suspension, to improve your ride and to protect the vehicle against the effects of overloading.
Hollow Timbren rubber springs are mounted between the truck frame and the axle. They do not take the place of the existing leaf spring, but work in conjunction with it, acting as a bump stop, to improve the ride of your truck and to protect springs against overloading.
Timbren Ride Control products enhance a vehicle's empty ride quality, while providing protection against overloading, road shock, bottoming out, sway and broken springs. Timbren Front axle kits prevent front end nose diving. Together, these features provide a smooth, level ride, even with heavy loads.
Timbren suspension kits offer the following benefits:

· Helps eliminate spring sag and improves stability
· Maintenance and trouble free - No air lines
· No special tools or skills are required to install your Timbren kit
· Requires no alteration to your present suspension - Uses existing holes in frame
· Each kit is complete with all the necessary parts & instructions for easy installation.
Please note, your kit contents may vary depending on application.

· Timbren products have added stability to trucks, vans and RVs for over 40 years
· Used by municipal & state highway departments throughout the U.S.
· Improves your vehicle's ride and protects against the effects of overloading
· Lifetime guarantee
Typical Uses for Timbren Kits

Snow Removal Equipment: Whether you use a pickup to clear a small driveway or a class 8 highway truck with a wing blade, Timbren Industries has a suspension enhancement system designed to provide a safe and level ride for plowing snow in the toughest of environments. These high performance suspension kits are spec’d on most state, county and provincial transport equipment for snow plowing. Many snowplows are also equipped with very high center of gravity salt spreaders carrying heavy loads that induce sway. The rear Timbren Kit will improve roll stiffness and absorb road shock.
Towing trailers: Whether you are towing a horse trailer, RV or full size 54 foot highway trailer, a Timbren Overload Booster Kit installed on your tow vehicle will provide you with peace of mind because you’ll know that your suspension can handle the extra stress. The enjoyment of a safe, stable ride without the expected sag from the weight of the trailer makes the addition of the Timbren suspension enhancement system an easy decision to make.
Recreational: Remember the last time you were driving ‘white knuckled’ through the mountains, wondering if your RV and tow vehicle were going to make it through the next hairpin turn? Rest easy with the Timbren suspension enhancement system on your vehicle. Not only will this product improve roll stability and reduce sway on top heavy loads, it will also improve vehicle dynamics and high speed maneuverability without comprising ride quality. Timbren’s suspension enhancement system provides peace of mind for users of vans, pickups, SUV’s, Class A, B, C recreational vehicles.
Towing: Timbren excels in the wrecker industry with the use of the Timbren suspension enhancement system. From a ¾ ton truck with a sneaker unit, to a full size class 8 wrecker, Timbren’s muscle provides the capacity needed to haul anything. Our compact severe service package allows drivers to maintain a safe even ride without the front of the vehicle pointing to the sky. By shifting the weight to the front axle and maintaining a level ride, a Timbren Kit will keep you moving, and you will never again have to leave a potential tow at the side of the road!
Emergency Vehicles: Emergency vehicles often need an improvement in vehicle dynamics and high speed maneuverability without compromising ride quality. Timbren’s suspension enhancement system provides excellent stability while offering a smooth ride with any loading condition. Ambulances, fire trucks, and service vehicles all benefit from the extra safety and capacity provided by a set of Timbrens.
Agriculture: From hauling hay through a field, to high load off road applications, the Timbren suspension enhancement system will protect your suspension, and will improve the performance of your vehicle whether it’s a pickup, medium duty straight truck, or a full size class 8 truck. For leaf spring, torsion bar, air ride and other types of suspensions the suspension enhancement system provides stability, maintains ride height, and improves the vehicle dynamics for both on and off road applications. Timbren also provides custom applications for other agricultural equipment including bailers and sprayers.
Timbren Kits Solve the following Suspension Problems

Suspension Sag: Heavy loads cause the front or rear suspension to deflect lower than desired. Powerful, durable hollow rubber cushions help carry the heaviest loads easily. Road shock is absorbed, reducing wear and tear on suspensions. The Timbren load booster acts as bump stop, to eliminate bottoming out on bumps.
Body Roll: If your vehicle leans on corners or curves, progressive rate Timbren suspension kits can improve weight distribution to all 4 corners of the vehicle. This helps keep the vehicle level, improves steering and reduces brake and tire wear.
Rough Ride: You feel every bump in the road and every expansion joint. Rubber bump stops in each Timbren kit are designed to soak up road shock and bumps. The result is a smooth stable rubber cushion ride.
Trailer Sway:Eliminate wallowing along the highway, drifting in crosswinds or when passing heavy trucks. For more driver and passenger comfort, Timbren suspension enhancement systems sense vehicle body movement and automatically increase roll stability.

Vehicles

Vehicles

Product Overview

Product Overview

Engine Details

Loading…

Engineered for the Following Vehicles:

Options

Note

2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Fits 2 Wheel Drive Vehicles; Fits 4 Wheel Drive Vehicles
Fits Quad Cab models only.

Loading…

Timbren suspension kits are mounted between the vehicle frame and the axle. They work in conjunction with the existing leaf spring, to improve the vehicle ride and to protect the springs against overload.
·Availability:Usually Ships within 24 hours
·Capacity:8600 lbs.
·Instructions: Click to View Timbren Kit Installation Instructions.

Part#: DR1500DS

Fixed Load Support: 2010 DODGE Ram 1500

Part#: DF15004B

Your Price$194.95

Timbren Kit - Front

Vehicles

Vehicles

Product Overview

Product Overview

Engine Details

Loading…

Engineered for the Following Vehicles:

Options

Note

2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Fits 2 Wheel Drive Vehicles; Fits 4 Wheel Drive Vehicles

Loading…

Timbren suspension kits are mounted between the vehicle frame and the axle. They work in conjunction with the existing leaf spring, to improve the vehicle ride and to protect the springs against overload.
Availability:Usually Ships within 24 hours
Capacity:1,400 lbs.
Instructions: Click to View Timbren Kit Installation Instructions.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.