DODGE RAM FORUM banner

leather seat cracking

7K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Ferguda 
#1 ·
Hi gang,

My driver seat has a major crack in leather that has developed on my 2010 Laramie, 90k.

I have extended warranty but I assume the seat cracking will not be covered.

Anyone else having similar issues?

Can this be repaired?

Thanks for any comments.

Muskybait

#2 ·
I had the same thing happen on my old Honda Element and I got no help from Honda. With that being said there's no harm in dropping by the dealer the next time you drive by and asking, the worst they can say is no.

If the cracks in the leather really bother you can check out Katzkin seat covers, they seem great and were featured on Stacey Davids Drag 'N' Wagon. Here's a link to his build where he features all of the products used on a 2011 Ram.

Enjoy: http://staceydavid.com/projects/drag-n-wagon

#3 ·
If the dealership is unwilling or unable to help you out, a good upholstery shop should be able to at least point you in the right direction.

I've discovered that regular care is the best way to help prevent wear on the leather seats. I try to hit mine with some leather cleaner/ conditioner at least once every week or two, whether it needs it or not.

good luck

Exco

#4 ·
also, they can match the leather and replace pieces if needed, I did it in my 36 year old Porsche, had a rip down the side of the passenger seat, some girl with studs on her ars ripped it, its surprising how good some of these guys are, they replaced the whole side panel of the seat and you would never tell it was done.

#5 ·
Seat in my Laramie cracked in a couple of places. Way too many miles on truck to get any Warranty - they sent me to a Upholstery shop who wasn't very helpful so I went home - put a couple of drops of Locktite crazy glue on each crack and it's been a year now and still holding up. The cracks are not in a real noticeable spot and when my fat butt is on top of them I can't see them anyways! I have the light tan / crème leather so good luck getting something close!

#7 ·
I had a small issue with my '08 where the edges of the seat was starting to crack. I stopped in to the service department, who then sent me to the body shop.

They ordered me some new covers and about 3 or 4 days later they called me up to have 'em installed. It was all under warranty (I think I had about 10K on the truck at the time). I also had "dealer installed" leather, so I'm not sure if that made a difference or not.

good luck

Exco

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.