DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Calgary members

153K views 2K replies 128 participants last post by  Helram 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

new to the site and new to the truck..

Picked up a 2009 Ram Sport at the beginning of November..

LOVE THE TRUCK!! need to get rid of the limiter tho!

wondering if there are any calgary guys on here??

#1,055 ·
I'll start a post for you Heather down in the performance area on the Jeep manifolds,but you'll have to take it from there:smileup:.
I know a couple guys are running in the low to mid 12's using the stock SRT manifolds,but that's about all i know.
Do you do much towing.
Realistically on a dyno there might be 10-12 horsepower differance between the shorties and long tubes at higher rpm.
The shorties flow good up in the higher rpm ranges,but are known for losing a bit of bottem end torque compared to long tubes,so if you do any towing that's something to keep in mind.
Rick

#1,057 ·
Welcome Caper :wavey:

I'm still in Jamaica for a few more days, and I'm sure my wife isn't happy that I'm on the forum, but c'est la vie.

The only Calgary-local hemi tuner that's half-way decent is the guys at Davenport but be prepared to fork over a second-born. The best guy we've found in Alberta is out of Stoney Plain at CCMR mobile dyno. Several guys from the ALX use him and he brings his dyno down south a few times a year or he has it setup in his shop with reasonable rates.
http://www.ccmrmobiledyno.com/

Heather, with the long tube headers, if you're not willing to drop $1700 on the ARH/Stainless Works then look at just the OBX headers and get them ceramic coated to reduce the under hood temps. IF you're looking for a bit more economy then the JBA shorties are a good price, but you'd have better value out of a set of used GCSRT8 headers, but I believe you need a custom midpipe, cats are optional then. IF you don't ever want to touch your headers again, regardless of type, then use the Mopar headers gasket and a set of Stage 8 locking header bolts, you'll never touch them again as they can't loosen up. Torque them, heat cycle the headers a few time, retorque and install the locking wings, done.

#1,880 ·
Welcome Caper :wavey:

I'm still in Jamaica for a few more days, and I'm sure my wife isn't happy that I'm on the forum, but c'est la vie.

The only Calgary-local hemi tuner that's half-way decent is the guys at Davenport but be prepared to fork over a second-born. The best guy we've found in Alberta is out of Stoney Plain at CCMR mobile dyno. Several guys from the ALX use him and he brings his dyno down south a few times a year or he has it setup in his shop with reasonable rates.
Spruce Grove Alberta Dyno Tuning Shop | CCMR Mobile Dyno

Heather, with the long tube headers, if you're not willing to drop $1700 on the ARH/Stainless Works then look at just the OBX headers and get them ceramic coated to reduce the under hood temps. IF you're looking for a bit more economy then the JBA shorties are a good price, but you'd have better value out of a set of used GCSRT8 headers, but I believe you need a custom midpipe, cats are optional then. IF you don't ever want to touch your headers again, regardless of type, then use the Mopar headers gasket and a set of Stage 8 locking header bolts, you'll never touch them again as they can't loosen up. Torque them, heat cycle the headers a few time, retorque and install the locking wings, done.
Hello sir, what year, I have a ram single cab 2016, and have access to 2012 srt jeep manifolds..just purchased for dirt cheap. These fit to heads for sure...

#1,059 ·
Hey my weathertec digital fit floor mats are for sale. Fronts only. Fit 09-12 ram 1500 with single floor hook (quad cabs) black in color

First $60 takes them.

I'm open to offers on my other stuff, need to get this stuff sold to pay for the new stuff.

Legmaker intake -$200
Dodge 2500 tow mirrors - $500 for both
Bushguard(black) -$500

#1,073 ·
Blew out the rack & pinion on mine this last saturday morning.

Didn't know until I was at the Home depot on 130 Th ave and the steering locked up. Scary as it could have been on deerfoot 5 mins later.

Sitting at the dealer now waiting on back-ordered parts.

Could be a week....could be two...

#1,063 ·
So I would rather see these parts go to good homes. I have to post prices but make me an offer I just don't want a pile of parts in the garage:

Legmaker Carbon Fibre Intake (new filter) $200
Aries Bushgaurd (black & month old) $500
Weathertech digital floor mats (fronts) $50
Dodge tow mirrors (OEM) $500 for both

#1,068 ·
Apparently my truck is saying screw this to the cold. Battery is toast, and I went to set my trinity to factory tune so I could take the truck in to the dealer and the trinity can't set the factory tune and gives error "PCM error unlock for reflash (-34)" FML....

Oh and check engine light is on and throwing about 15 codes... wow truck... wow

#1,070 ·
When it's too friggin cold my Nav won't load! I think because the computer is under the rear seat if I'm not mistaken it never gets warm down there. Could be wrong. Can't drive without the winter front on either as the Vararam takes in way too much cold air!! Friggin winter!!!! Brand new bike sitting in garage with 3 km on it and can't even think of ridin it!!!

#1,071 ·
Haha that's why I cover my bike in the winter. Then I don't have to look at it and cry :p
If my truck didn't get so much north wind exposure it probably wouldn't be so bad. But my truck usually becomes a drift when it snows because of that damn north wind. The joys of a new community with no trees and an empty development field to the north of us I guess.

#1,072 ·
Quick question... I've been involved in a thread about the anti-slip and whether or not to get it. When I purchased my truck my salesman suggested that it wasn't necessary (I don't plan on towing...). But in reading some comments from other owners the general consensus seems to be that it's a must have. Especially in the snow.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on a good aftermarket LSD and a place where I could get it installed in Calgary?
Thanks

#1,075 ·
Quick question... I've been involved in a thread about the anti-slip and whether or not to get it. When I purchased my truck my salesman suggested that it wasn't necessary (I don't plan on towing...). But in reading some comments from other owners the general consensus seems to be that it's a must have. Especially in the snow.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on a good aftermarket LSD and a place where I could get it installed in Calgary?
Thanks
You'll be looking at a couple grand hit Jacks.
If you're a 4X4 it's not really needed,it's nice to have,but unless you're getting stuck every second day,you might want to save you're money.
I drive a 2wd GM company wheel vehicle with no LSD all year round with no problems.
It's up to you whether you feel you need LSD,but if it was me,i'd save my money.
This has been one of the worst winters we've had in years,for ice and snow on the streets,if you haven't been stuck this winter,odds are you won't get stuck in our more normal winters
Remember you're getting info from the internet guru's,so take most of their suggestions with a grain of salt.
Drew at Modern Motors is a good guy to talk to #403-253-0664

#1,077 ·
Cheers and thanks for the offer.

My wife came and picked me up.

Truck needs a new rack & pinion setup. The only one in the city was allocated to a different customer. All other units are on back order.

Truck is sitting at Courtesy as that's where it was purchased.

Might be next week or it could be longer before its repaired..

Insurance won't cover me for a rental as it was mechanical, not an accident.

Gonna borrow a friend's ford p/u for the weekend. Hopefully there will be better news on Monday.

Once the chinook hits I may have to break out the summer car.

At least I'm not burning much of this 1.20 / litre gas LOL.....

#1,080 ·
That sucks Travis. I keep mine locked. Too many crackheads near my work parking lot. They see t gates as an easy buck.

Got my truck reflashed today, gotta get my trinity unlocked now. Pain in the ass that's for sure and cost me $90. Forgot the difference the fuel milage tune made though. My drive in to work the milage was at 14.3l/100 and on the way home it was 15.6l/100 lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.