DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Vararam intake?

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  ron-333 
#1 ·
I was reading a thread on a new custom made intake system designed for our newer trucks from 09-12 that sits on top of the intake manifold and TB made by a site sponsor for this site. My question is, is this intake system work very good? I love the design of it but does it work better and suck in more cold air then the modern intakes systems by the fender? Please I would like ur input on this plus is $350 worth getting it for?

#2 ·
I love the Vararam Air Grabber that I have. I do believe that it sucks in more cold air when travelling at higher speeds. I think the thing that attracted me to it the most was that it is different from every other CAI available. I do notice alot more intake noise, which is cool. I honestly dont remember if I could "feel" a difference between my drop in K&N and the Vararam. It has been too long ago since I got it. My vote is go for it! It definitely attracts attention at a show when the hood is popped.

#7 ·
You can either ditch it like everyone else suggested or their is a silicone coupler between the intake and throttle body. I'm sure you could take 3/4" or however thick the spacer is out of the coupler.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.