DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Updated build thread

9K views 130 replies 12 participants last post by  SnoylCC5 
#1 ·
So it's been a pretty long while y'all but I'm still here and building lost the old thread no idea where it went so i figure ill start this one over and keep it as up to date as possible since A WHOLE LOT HAS CHANGED since the first time i drove her off the lot. :smileup:

Reactions: double0ram
#3 · (Edited)
Next thing I needed to do...and don't ask me why it bothered me so much was get rid of that floppy antenna that she came with :LOL: So I went onto craven speed and ordered me a Stubby.:smileup:

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

#4 · (Edited)
So the next thing I had to do (which I look back on now and wish I had taken more time with this and been more patient) was change out the stock speakers. I had originally went with these OEM quality PowerBass speakers all the way around but after about a year of them in my truck I currently can't stand the quality and have ordered Rockford Fosgate Punch speakers all the way around and am waiting on them to arrive :smileup:

[/IMG]

#5 · (Edited)
Next step was to add to the performance a little bit and i did that with an AFE intake system after consulting with Maddog who steered me in the right direction with this one

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

#6 · (Edited)
Next came a simple headlight and foglight bulb replacement for a temp fix until I can decide whether or not I want to get HID bulbs or get some gorecon headlight assemblies so I went with the Sylvania top of the line bulbs to hold me over until my mind makes that decision...whenever it might be lol

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

#7 · (Edited)
As I previously said I went with the PerformanceAccessories body lift and then the Rough Country 3 in suspension lift, I didn't however say which tires i went with:4-looney:
Federal Couragie M/T 35x12.5x20

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

#9 · (Edited)
Then i took some night pics
(this is just with the body lift the suspension lift is more recent and I'm waiting for the pics to upload onto my computer)

[/IMG]

#12 · (Edited)
Next thing that needed to get done was the exhaust. A buddy of mine on the department s uncle knows a guy around that does great exhaust work and after hearing it on his truck, it was off to Mad Hatter Exhaust and got these slapped on. Custom bent pipes and with the 3 in tips. Flowmaster 50 truck series. And he coated the whole underside and pipes with heat treated paint. looks and sounds GREAT. (All photos from here on out currently have the body lift and suspension lift

[/IMG]

#14 · (Edited)
Just washed her behind the station. Xmass time is coming up and you all know what that means. Looking to get her chipped and geared (thats what she needs) what she wants is some tow mirrors and train horns haha

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

#15 ·
ok.... is it just me or can no one else see the pictures either?? :4-dontknow: i am looking forward to seeing how your truck looks now... as soon as the pictures choose to work

#19 ·
ok cool :smileup: looking forward to it

#23 ·
appreciate it guys trying to get some tow mirrors train horns a chip and gears in the recent future. Thinking about switching out the suspension system for a full 6 in procomp but who knows thats just a thought. Gonna keep this thread as up to date as possible. Thanks.

#24 ·
Truck looks great man!!! If you dont mind, how much did you get the 5" lift for?? (you can PM me if its ok). I love those tires too! I will have to look into some when i get my lift on :smileup: as for tuner. get the Superchips flashpaq 3865. it worked miracles on my 4.7. it is like driving a whole new truck now that i have one

#25 ·
Yeah I was looking into getting the SC cortex just for the powertrain warenty and yeah I'll send you a PM with the price, and I love the tires, they're an "off brand" but they've been great and work great in the mud. :smileup:

#26 ·
they look like they would work good in mud :LOL: i like that they look so aggressive. and the price isnt bad. i found a package for 20" fuel octane rims and 35" federal's for 2k. and i agree with the powertrain warranty. i bought the flashpaq instead bc a member on here was selling it for a great price and it was a great decision!

#27 ·
yeah i love the tires and always get complimented on them and thats a great deal that you found. I cant wait to get her chipped im really looking forward to it.

#28 ·
Got 2 10inch subs and an 800 watt amp getting thrown in this week along with a new head unit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.