DODGE RAM FORUM banner

how fast havu been in u're dodge?

How fast u been in ur'e dodge

60K views 458 replies 313 participants last post by  JmacBlack 
#1 ·
How fast has everyone been in there babies. Just want 2 know how many people r crazy like me. I've been 100mph who's beat me.

#366 ·
..it looked fast til i did conversion...125.5 mph is still fast.... that means my best i've ever done (per gps) is 225 kph :)

#370 ·
Well it ain't a Dodge, but a Plymouth "should" count. My best friend and I were finally settling once and for all who's car was faster, my heavily modified '71 440-6 4sp 'Cuda or his heavily modified '69 400 4sp Ram Air III GTO, (both by us). Pegged my 150 mph speedo at about 6800 rpm, ran it up to 7200, his went way past the 140 mark, and was was hovering between the B and R in Brake on his speedo. He actually got me about a half fender length till about 85 - 90, then I started to walk away from him. Most likely due to rear axle, his 3.90 vs. my 3.55. If you want to talk average, I once made a 534 mile trip from NC to PA in a little less than 6 hours, stopping twice for gas. of course that was many, many, many years ago, Don't think I've hit 80 in the past 25 - 30 years, maybe more.

#372 ·
Ha Ha...I remeber the Goats and the Cuda's well. The 69 Judge was a Dandy!! The 440 Six Packs ran well too along with the 426. I have a 14 Ram....it runs well. Also have a 14 Dodge Charger and was just driving down the 4 lane the other day and a young guy in an SRT Charger rolled up beside me at about 60 MPH we both kicked it.....He let me have the kick we stayed side by side up to 140 MPH and was there easy and quick with both rev limiters shutting us down...he he....these new cars are Nasty!!! They fly!! I was scared for two days a Cop may have got us !!:LOL:

#374 ·
Sorry this is so bad, taken around '79 - '80, no digital camera's then. It's a pic of a pic on my tollbox, afraid I'll tear it if I try to take it off.

As far as our work, lets see if I can remember most of it, We both sent our heads out for work, I had a Racer Brown Cam, Rhoads lifters, Isky adjustable rockers, Carrillo Rods, Venolia pistons, Accel ignition, and jetted the outboard carbs up a few sizes, Pete ran a Crane cam, same ignition, rods and pistons, jetted Holley 850 on an Ebelbrock, sitting on top a set of oval port ram air IV heads. Both ram Hooker headers. Needless to say, Van Iderstine speed shop loved us.

Attachments

#378 ·
LOL - yeah, several hundreds of thousands of dollars in todays money just trashed. Agree on the gills - I actually swapped fenders with a friend when I had it painted, he wanted them and I didn't. I wasn't a real big fan of Plum Crazy after about a year either....oh well - live and learn

#388 ·
Top speed in my '09 is 273km/hr (170mph) and it's dead straight, no vibration or wobble. It's a little unnerving to be at 3000rpm in 4th gear with the blower running full tilt and then hitting the 175 shot of nitrous (~250hp equivalent shot with the cooling effect on the boost), for most trucks that's a way to spell disaster for the trans but mine has held up just fine. 738rwhp with a 4.5/6.5 dropped truck with a completely custom suspension tuned for thins kind of handling went into this so don't think it's just a stock truck/suspension.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.