DODGE RAM FORUM banner

how fast havu been in u're dodge?

How fast u been in ur'e dodge

60K views 458 replies 313 participants last post by  JmacBlack 
#1 ·
How fast has everyone been in there babies. Just want 2 know how many people r crazy like me. I've been 100mph who's beat me.

#35 ·
about 80!!!!

#36 ·
I once had a '72 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus with a 400ci, 727 slap-stick automatic, Carter Thermoquad, and a few mods that raised the compression such that the only ignition that would fire in it was the old yellow Accel coil and plugs. That car had a 150 mph speedo. Had it pointed to "D" once (or where D would have been had it not been a floor shifter)...it left many a built camaro behind. The only car that ever got the best of it was a '70 Hemi 'Bird.

#38 ·
My first car was a '67 Fury Interceptor. 383CID with 440 heads from the factory + some other mods. It was a dud off the line but once the Certified speedo got over 45, hold on! It was a great sleeper and took many cameros, firebirds etc. 4.11 gears were very popular back then and my 3.12 would just keep on climbing usually running out of road before running out of motor. I never new how fast it would go, something past D.

I've been building and driving Mopar's ever since. Life begins at 120. When you get to 150 strange things start happening.

#39 ·
..I've driven mine over 140 (per gps)....I-5 in Cali in the middle of nowhere with no one around on a straight stretch of highway.....

#41 ·
In my 08 The gov is set at 107. Until I get my predator:devil:. In my last car (Dodge Stealth) the spedo went to 160 and I had it pegged and it didn't come off untill I hit the brakes :SHOCKED:(figgure about 170). It started to shimmy and made me nervous.:kap:

I miss that car. I won't do that with my truck though I'm not 20 anymore.

#47 · (Edited)
In my last car (Dodge Stealth) the spedo went to 160 and I had it pegged and it didn't come off untill I hit the brakes :SHOCKED:(figgure about 170). It started to shimmy and made me nervous.:kap:
:bsflag: unless you did a TT + engine conversion on that base stealth. Otherwise unless you had a strong tailwind, going down a hill, and an act of God, a non-turbo stealth (with DOHC) will not hit 170. I'm interested to see what you did to that base stealth (single overhead cam) to get it to peg your speedo. A base shouldn't even begin to touch 150, wouldn't even expect 140.

#42 ·
I've done about 80 in the truck. Had my last sports car (Honda S2000) and I've had my bike up about the same. There's no reason for that kind of speed on the street though. The idea of getting my ram up that fast makes my wallet hurt just from how much gas it would be using, not to mention the difficulty that I would imagine having bringing a 4500 lb monster to a stop from that kind of speed. No thanks!

#44 · (Edited)
Max'd my Ram 1500 out at 168km/h, wouldn't go any faster than that. That was on a level road, pedal to the floor. Max speed in any vehicle was 258km/h on my CBR600 while still in 5th gear. Bike was bone stock at the time and I was going up a mountain pass at around 14,000RPM.

On a side note, I have floored my Ram 3500 up to 110km/h just so I can get to the dealership in time to have it repaired. :)

#46 ·
115 + truck started getting light in the front end and backed out still had more in her though

#48 ·
This thread reminds me how young and dumb I was 10 or 11 years ago. When my truck was less than 6 months old back in 1998, I remember passing a friend's '92 GMC (350/shortbed) at 100 mph. I kept going until I lost my nerve at around 117 mph. I wouldn't dare do that on a public road now.

#55 ·
I was a bit surprised when i noticed my Garmin GPS had my max speed history at 101 mph. That might not be too fast, but the thing is, I didn't even know I got anywhere close to that. I drive 70-80 on the highway average, I must have been passing something...that hemi riped it up to 100+ without even blinking. <woot>

As a kid, I owned a 79' silver annaversary T/A with the 400 4spd. As the stupid kid I was back in the 80's, 140+mph was a daily ritual. Good thing I grew up when I did. You get cought doing that crap today and you lose your license forever.

#59 ·
#60 ·
How fast do you drive?

I'm usually about 5 over.

#61 ·
conversion

5 miles is about 8 kilometers for our friends with a system that makes sense.

#70 ·
In alberta we seem to have a rule that the speed limit is actually 10km/hr higher than posted, so if it's 110km/hr on the #2, then you should be driving a minimum of 120. However, if you own a subaru WRX or truck, the following speed limits apply:
Dodge w/out lift: 140km/hr
Dodge w/ lift and tires: 150km/hr
Ford w/ and w/out lift: 130km/hr
Toyota/Nissan (who lifts these anyways): 120km/hr
Chevy... 120km/hr

And if any of these vehicles have a top spped of 210km/hr or more then drive as fast as you want... cops can't catch you. Though te sheriff's new chargers might be able to.

5 miles is about 8 kilometers for our friends with a system that makes sense.
Thanks man, at least someone's looking out for the other 90% of the world that uses metric. :smileup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.