DODGE RAM FORUM banner

how fast havu been in u're dodge?

How fast u been in ur'e dodge

60K views 458 replies 313 participants last post by  JmacBlack 
#1 ·
How fast has everyone been in there babies. Just want 2 know how many people r crazy like me. I've been 100mph who's beat me.

#199 ·
I got in a race with a Ford F150 Raptor a few weeks back, he finally backed away after 110MPH going into a curve. My Ram held firm on the curve at 95 With the performance tires I have. I was white knuckling it though

#202 ·
Had it to 125 (thank you diablosport)...truck was so smooth and quiet my wife was sleeping in the passenger seat and didnt even know. She didnt move or wake up at all.

That was as fast as I dared take it on a public roadway (empty and flat in the Klamath basin in southern Oregon).

When I take my 7500 mile tour around the US this fall, I am going to hit the Bonneville salt flats on the way back up. :D

#208 · (Edited)
I have only ran mine to 85 since they increased the speed to 75 on Interstate 95 north of Howland maine. It is a long lonely stretch of highway and I would only do that in broad daylight since it is common for deer and moose up that way.
I actually hit a moose with my 04 Ram back in 2006 headed to Eastern Maine Medical Center in bangor Maine, (Wifes step father was in the hospital and they called me to let me know they were going to read last rites), from Millinocket where we lived. It was just me and my old dog in the truck at 75 mph, I saw the moose and veered left as he went right, broadsided him hard and took out my right side of my truck from the hood all the way back to rear fender. 5k damage but it came out straight and sweet once it was repaired. Luckily no frame damage or broken glass except for the mirror :) Poor old dog went up into the windshield and took out my rear view mirror. He was a tough ol dog :) didnt even get a scratch. Killed the moose dead, but truck was still driveable. Drove it to next exit and called Maine State Police to report it. They said to meet them back in that area next morning if it was not in the road. Met them back there and found it on side of road....oops ....ramblin again...Sorry about that...Moral of the story, I only push my trucks as fast as conditions allow these days after that. :)

#211 ·
I am in Athens greece and have been here for the last couple of months and have been driving around Athens and surrounding areas for the last month or so. Coming from England I am used to driving in Europe. I think some of you might enjoy the experience as it is quite liberating compared to driving in the States. I am driving a little Fiat van which might have top speed of about 90, on the freeway I travel about 70 to 80 mph and try stay in the inside lane as much as possible as all sorts of cars, vans, motor bikes will pass travailing maybe in excess or up to 110 mph or more this includes little smart cars that will pass maybe at 95. City travel is just as fast as the conditions allow motor bike pass at will between cars maybe 10 t0 15 mph faster than the flow of traffic this includes the motor bike police who generally ride 2 to a bike which seems to be the mode of police patrol. The speed limits are not closely observed by anyone, this may see dangerous but what it does is teach you to be aware of all traffic and what is happening all the time and lane discipling is essential. Driving in the states to me can be more nerve racking because lane discipline is not observed very much and their is a lot this is my space and you are not going to encroach attitude .Where I would overtake in Greece even with an under powered car I do not attempt in the states because generally the attitude of most drivers.

#219 ·
Last August i was driving across Texas
I saw the the signs on Route 20, 85 MPH & i sped up, before i knew it, i was doing 90 MPH & let up

#220 ·
maxed it out today .... Had to try it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.