DODGE RAM FORUM banner

TIPM same as fuse box?

31K views 32 replies 7 participants last post by  brad12kx 
#1 ·
I took my truck into the dealership and they say the TIPM needs to be replaced. $900 something bux I want to be sure its not the $250 soemthing fuse box I can buy myself.

My truck is still having problems with starting and the a/c so they want to replace the TIPM. The only thing though is when the truck messes up all I have to do is move the fuse box around a little and it will work for a while until I hit a bump as if there is a loose connection somewhere. Just seems to be a fuse box problem to me.

Any ideas or know the part number so I can see if its something I can replace?

Any input is appreciated.

#31 · (Edited)
Brad You are pretty much dead on. Something I left out was that at the end of the first day I called to get a status report on when I could pick it up and the service rep said the Oil Change and tire rotation was almost completed but they were still looking in to the problem with the radio... I said no no I brought it in for the Serv 4WD light. I was put on hold and he came back and stated they were still looking in to it and he would call back.

I can only guess that the radio problem he referenced became part of the troubleshooting process the technician were going through. Looked through the TIPM schematics and it looks like it manages everything but my wife. Maybe the problem was letting her drive it...lol

Oh well, like you said, just glad they are taking the time to to get it resolved as opposed to sweeping it under the rug. Don't know if this is allowed but "Kelly Chrysler Jeep and Dodge of Western PA" has never disappointed.

#32 ·
Well it is done...finally

Thank goodness for extended warranties. Would have cost me $1,515 to repair without one.:Wow1:

TIPM Replaced
Transfer Case Actuator Replaced

Stated cause was Actuator shorting/shorted out TIPM.:4-dontknow:

#33 ·
This is very good news! :)
The repairs are a reasonable expectation considering your symptoms, and the new ones that surfaced at the dealership.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.