DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Must Have Accessories/Upgrades for 2011 Ram

8K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  redlightrico 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone! New 2011 Ram owner here. I've got an intro thread over in the Newbie Forum but it looks like I'll be hangin' out here most of the time. I picked up my new Ram this past Saturday and I was just wondering what are the absolutely MUST HAVE upgrades/accessories for this model year truck? Maybe we can make a list (if it already exists please direct me to the link!). So far I've ordered the following:

1) Stainless Raptor 4 inch oval nerf bars
2) WeatherTech digital fit floor liners

I know you all have cool trucks so please drop in with suggestions and pics. I'm sure there is some very classy stuff out there that I haven't come across yet. I'm going to put up some pics of my truck later today. Thanks to everyone in advance!

GO BIG BLUE!!!!

Daniel

#2 ·
#3 ·
I am going to order the 4" Raptor bars. I debated for a while and finally got to see tham at a local store and thought the 5" were too big for the 1500's.

I have 22% tint on the front 2 windows to match the rest and Line-X spray in liner. I bought the dodge mats from mopar through my buddy at a local dealership with my mopar club discount. Pricey but worth the die cut and one piece rear mat.

I am also getting a bakflip tonneau, maybe with the bakbox, still debating that one.

#4 ·
window tint...intake...and exhause are a few must have i guess you could say iv also tinted out my tails and 3rd break light...6000k hid's in fogs and low beam...6000k switchback l.e.d turn singals...costom stubby antenna...and a few others

#5 ·
Welcome and lots of fun with the truck !

I have allready:
* k&n serie 77 cai
* mopar sport pedals
* nerf bars
* Daytona spoiler on the cover
* Double Halo headlights
* Diablo SPort Predator
* Magnaflow Mufflex dod 18" exhaust

Check out my topic to see some pics :)

"dodgerammer09' Ram upgrades "

G
#9 ·
Careful what you ask for...we could bankrupt you! :D

So are you looking for performance, convenience or aesthetic mods?

Or a mix of all three?

Some ideas that may resonate with you are in my Ram Mods link below.

#11 ·
Careful what you ask for...we could bankrupt you! :D

So are you looking for performance, convenience or aesthetic mods?

Or a mix of all three?

Some ideas that may resonate with you are in my Ram Mods link below.
Aesthetics first, then performance, and maybe convenience. I'm interested to see how the Predator turns out for the '11 model Ram. If I could improve the MPG's any at all I'd be up for that. I'm really loving the Raptor bars. I love it with the Chrome! Next for me is probably a Rhino liner and maybe a hard Tonneau cover. Can't decide if I want it painted to match the ride or go with the black for the contrast. I'm thinkin' black....:4-dontknow:

#10 ·
First thing I did was Line-X my bed, winter tires & WeatherTech floorlines. It was all about protecting my investment in the beginning! :)

#12 ·
It was all about protecting my investment in the beginning!
I couldn't agree more! That's why I just made my first two mod purchases:

Ram's head molded mudguards (these will also help keep the road grime off of my bass boat!).
Bed Rug (plain one without the Ram head, since I'm getting a hard tonneau soon...this could get addictive! :smileup:).

I can't wait for them to arrive so I can install them.

#16 ·
I think the number 1 mod is the bed cover, hard or soft. After that, well who knows, it gets down to personal preference. Maybe bedliner comes in at number 2.
I know I gotta get the step bars soon or my wife will not be very happy with me.
I really love this truck. Gawdamn!

#19 ·
how are those Husky flaps?
I can get the official Mopars, all 4 for like 80 bucks, is it worth saving a few bucks to get the Husky's?

#20 ·
i like the husky flaps they went on pretty easy fronts use existing bolts back uses 2 existing bolt but you need to run a screw into the plastic wheel well liner which is kind of hard to do with the wheels on i drilled a hole and used pop rivets.. also they come with clear plastic film to put on to protect the paint

#23 ·
Addons

Also just got an 11 Ram 1500. Line-X liner but went with Roll n Lock Toneau (E-series). If you can spend the bucks the Roll N Lock is really nice piece. Looked at the BAK brands but was not really impressed.

Not Sure how you feel about chrome but my next adds will be Chrome Mirror Covers and the Stainless Steele Wheel Well trim.

Still Debating Between Bra/ Hood Cover or Bug Shield (Not a big fan of the bug shields)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.