DODGE RAM FORUM banner

How long is it from ordered to delivery??

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Canuk1500 
#1 ·
I have ordered an 2011 this week and have been told it will be 8-10 weeks. Can I track it online some how with a vin or build number? Delershiip had no idea if this was possible?

#3 ·
well, you can call chrysler/dodge/ram
at first they will need your name & what you ordered

from there they give you a VON number, this is the beginning of the vehicle tracking
a short time after that, you get a VIN number, the 2nd part of the tracking
then they give you a series of codes
someone may post a list, they go from planning, options, paint, etc

right now many vehicles will be on HOLD,

TEN colors are not available due to the paint PIGMENT plant being closed, it is located right next to the NUCLEAR PLANT in Japan
Because of a "potential" pigment shortage while Japan is recovering from the earthquake, tsunami and nuclear disasters, Chrysler told dealers the company will restrict ordering vehicles in these colors: brilliant black, blackberry, deep cherry red, redline, inferno, bronze star, rugged brown, hunter green, ivory and billet metallic.

#8 ·
TEN colors are not available Chrysler told dealers the company will restrict ordering vehicles in these colors: brilliant black, blackberry, deep cherry red, redline, inferno, bronze star, rugged brown, hunter green, ivory and billet metallic.
Ha! then I guess the better question would be...what colors are available?
That's almost the whole color line up.

#4 ·
Ordered mine on Jan 20th 2010 and took delivery on March 9th 2010. This was a normal build with no delays just to give you an idea. The wait was the worst for me, spent my time on the Z learning everything I could about these trucks. Congrats on the order.

#5 ·
For us Canucks there is no way to track your order other than through the dealer.
I ordered my 2011 on Jan. 27th and she is due into the dealer on April 14th. They quoted 8 to 10 weeks which is bang on the numbers. Along with the paint issues Chrysler is having problems with their main auto transfer people Allied Carriers as well. My truck should have been here by now, in fact it was finished back on March 11th and didn't get on a railcar until the 28th. I can say this, the wait is horrible. Like Ransram I've spent a ton of time on the Z learning all about the new ride.

#6 ·
If you can get the VIN number plug it into this link and it will give you some information on the vehicle but it will not necessarily give you tracking but you will have information to know it is built, and where it is shipping from etc. LINK

#9 ·
Thanks for the info everyone. It sounds like I to will be waiting-cherry red ordered. This will give me time to learn about the truck and the forum

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.