DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Nerf Bars for new 2012 1500 - suggestions???

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Jon3sgte 
#1 ·
Just got a 2012 1500 slt . White. Nothing special. But it replaced a 2002 Ford Focus that was rapidly falling apart. Maybe I shouldn't have driven it like it was a truck. I don't know.

Anyway....I'd like to put boards of some sort on it. I like the look of the nerf bars. The last truck I had, had the classic D-Zee boards.

So any suggestions on style, brand, where to buy, etc. I know it comes down to personal pref but any help will be greatly appreciated from someone that's already been through it.

Thanks,
Dan

#2 ·
The ones that came on my truck from the dealer up here in Canada are Aries brand. While I wasnt a huge fan of the nerf bars at first ( and will lose them when it gets lowered ), the family loves them for climbing up and out of the truck. They are chrome, but you could always Plasti Dip them if you wanted to go black/change the color.

#4 ·
I like the OEM's the best. I want to pick up a set for mine. The dealer has them listed at : $450 Black and $700 chrome. OUCH!! I'm still searching for a Black used black pair as I have a white truck as well. Maybe someone will post a pic of some aftermarket black ones...

#5 ·
Those the MOPAR ones you're talking about?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.