DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Serious Advice needed! New True duals magnaflow setup

2K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  JHamilton 
#1 ·
Alright guys so right now iv got a catback magnaflow system that was built by a local shop, 18 inch 1 in 2 out muffler going into 3 inch tips. I absolutly love the deep sound that magnaflow makes versus a more raspy sound. I have been wanting to redo the whole setup to keep the same deep throaty tone that it has now but just a little bit louder. I will be rebuilding it from right behind the stock cats. i am wondering if going to a 14 inch muffler/mufflers will be obnoxiously loud. Let me know your opinions or ideas.

A. Stock cats to two individual pipes leading to dual electric cutouts which then go to a magnaflow x pipe followed by dual 1 in 1 out 14 or 18 inch magnaflow mufflers then to 3 inch tips

B. Stock cats to two individual pipes leading to dual electric cutouts then to a 14 or 18 inch 2 in 2 out magnaflow muffler to 3 inch tips.

Also i saw that qtp and dmh i beleive they are callled sell their e cutouts for like 3 and 4 hundred bucks for dual and was wondering why raceland are much cheaper and if there is a sound difference btw them?

I want it to be louder but i am a college student a have to hop on the highway for 5 hours when i want to visit home and dont want it with so much drone that i want to shooot my self. Thanks for the advice guys!

See less See more
G
#2 ·
That 14" one will drive you nuts on the road. I'd stick with what ya got. How long has the system been on the truck? Mine got a bit louder after I got some miles on it.

I've seen a lot of cutouts put on vehicles. Yes, there is a difference in quality and cheap cutouts leak. I don't recommend them as they all will leak eventually, even the more expensive ones. And you don't wanna run with cutouts open all the time. Talk about noisy!!!! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.