DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Smell good ?

16K views 54 replies 48 participants last post by  Jack Daniels 
#1 ·
wondering what everyone uses to keep there Rams smelling good

#38 ·
My favorite scent for my rig is cinnamon/pine cones. Short of picking up some mesh baggies at the dollar store and raiding my spice cabinet, the best method for accomplishing this for me has been Walmart during the holidays. Sure, you can find those bags of scented pine cones practically anywhere, but Walmart sells small bags of (approx 10-12) cinnamon sticks.. but they are scented the same as the infamous pine cones.
I usually buy two of these little bags (usually around $3-4 each) and put one in my truck immediately and store the other one in a freezer ziplock type bag and freeze it. The scent these put off lasts about 6 months so I spend under $10 a year to scent my rig (pretty good considering the costs and longevity, or lack of, on most scenting products made for vehicular use). :)

Oh.. and for the record, this woman LOVES the black ice scent! In some years which I haven't been able to locate a Walmart for my method above, I buy Black Ice trees and hide them in the vehicle. ;) Very long lasting and more than subtly noticeable.

#39 ·
I use leather. There is a horse saddle shop near by, I ask them for their remnants. I put them all in a little marble bag thing, place under the seats. Keeps it smelling nice and manly. And people are confused as they enter my CLOTH interior and say, you dont have leather seats, why do I smell leather? :)

#40 ·
Used to use those scent tree's but found if the truck was in the sun to long it would smell like burnt what ever scent I chose, or if its to cold they will last all of 15 minutes.

My favorite thing to use now its Meguirs (if thats spelled right) interior shine. It smells like coconuts and bananas. and it makes my interior shiny! Win win!

#41 ·
Let's just say, if you live in an area of the US that gets hot, don't use scented oil air fresheners. I found out that those things dry up in a heart beat. And when I say dry up, lets just say I'll give it a week in the Florida summer.

#44 ·
I use Bluntpower Air Fresheners. A few squirts in your ride will last for days. I can even smell it after a week. Good scents that last long of this stuff are Zapp, Celebration, Cantaloupe, Ocean Breeze, and a lot more. Depending on what area of the country you live in, it's sold at your local gas station or car wash. Otherwise, you may have to go online. The name blunt may have some people thinking of something illicit but, once you use it, you'll know it refers to blunt force because this is some concentrated, and highly potent stuff. Two or three sprays is enough. There's another brand called Fast and Furious. This is even more powerful. It's a odor eliminator. My favorite scents are Sparkling Herbs, Royal Palm, and Sparkling Gogi Berry. Sparkling Herbs is the strongest. It's amazing. Fast and Furious isn't in too many stores though. You might have to go online. Bluntpower or Fast and Furious are the only air freshners I use in my ride. You can even use them in your home or at work. I bet everybody will ask you what's that, and where can they get it from.

#45 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.