18K views 68 replies 18 participants last post by  RansRAM 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#2 ·
Here are the first few Mods I have completed,

1- stubby antenna

2- Mopar valve caps

3- Mopar Bug Deflector

4- Recon smoked third brake light

5- Debadge "Ram 1500 on doors", "Limited" on tailgate gone. I left EcoDiesel and 4x4.

#23 ·
Heya! Sharp Ram, Randy!

1- stubby antenna
You call that a stubby antenna?? It's not the Mopar flagpole, but still... :p If you can see it from the driver's seat, then it does not qualify as a 'stubby'..

2- Mopar valve caps
OK. I must ask where you acquired these. Do they work with the TPMS? Do they throw error codes into the EVIC? If yes and no.. then I must get some. Do tell.. location? Price? Thank you much!

#6 ·
Thanks Shawn, I did a run from Mississauga to Guelph and back on Saturday. Hauling a dishwasher there and a couch on the return trip. Average was 9.2 lit/100km or 30.2 MPG. Taking a longer trip this weekend.

Love it Randy! Looking forward to following along with this build :smiley_thumbs_up: Got any interior pics to share?
Thanks, I'll post a couple of interior shots for you shortly. One interior mod coming soon is the cabin air filter.

Thats a sharp looking truck. If they would put the ecodiesel in a rcsb, I would buy one for sure.
Thanks, I did not know you could not get one in rcsb just that it's not an option for the sport. The limited was the only way I could get a sport like matching bumper.

#8 ·
Just got back from a scuba trip to Brookville this past weekend. Truck fully loaded with scuba gear, four adults and one black lab. Did this all on a single tank with a 200 KM range left over. Here is my Evic, equivalent to 36 MPG Imperial or 30 MPG US. Not bad for a full size pickup.

Attachments

#18 ·
Randy, Thanks for planting that thought in all of our heads.....................hmmmmm
1 week after I bought my truck I got transferred and now commute way more for work. I think I will put on 40k kms in a year. .Wonder what that would do for me?????

#22 · (Edited)
Just texted you LOL. It's a Mopar tri fold and does the job. I am not a fan of the top locks since I think they will freeze in winter when ice and snow gets on it. Overall however I'm happy with it,

#24 ·
Theyre valve stems... why would they throw codes? Hhaha

#30 ·
I found them on EBay. They are just valve caps so no way they would effect TPMS or EVIC messages. Just search eBay for anti theft spinning valve caps.
I didn't post my question to be laughed at. I thought that same thing at first.. they are just covers, what could they possibly have to do with the TPMS?

But when I went looking at my local part stores, and the dealership.. I read on valve cover packaging and was told directly by sales associates (including the dealership parts dept) that vehicles equipped with TPMS can only have a certain type of valve cover. If they are made of the wrong material (can't recall off hand what the right material was) that they will interfere with the signals sent to the EVIC from the TPMS in each tire and cause problems with accurate tire reports between the TPMS and the EVIC thus leading the driver to believe all is well when it may not be.

So, Randy, if the set you got off of eBay hasn't caused you any issues, then I shall look into acquiring a set myself and I thank you for sharing your find.

#28 ·
30??? This thing is close to 40. I've had it over a month and a half and been to the pump twice. I'm still in awe on how this thing sips fuel.

That's crazy awesome!!! :smileup:

#29 ·
Tell me about it :SHOCKED: it's not like it's parked. I have 2400 km and spent about $200 in Diesel so far. It's sitting just about 1/4 tank with a 280 km range showing. This tank I'm already at over 740km. Crazy awesome indeed :smileup:

#35 ·
looks nice and clean

#36 ·
Something new again and very pleased with it. One Diesel engraved Magnetic fuel cap (specialized CNC job) to replace that ugly plastic dealer plug. I do realize this is a self sealing fill tube however this cap will keep unwanted water and other nasties out of there.

Attachments

#39 · (Edited)
I just got my Husky WeatherBeater Liners from Revel Performance. :smileup: These liners fit perfectly and will help prevent snow/salt damage on my carpets through the Winter. Here are a couple of shots.

#40 ·
sweet! What did they run you if you dont mind me asking?

#43 ·
thanks! :smileup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.