DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Bypass for Navigation typing while Driving?

18K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Jason Rose 
#1 ·
I know it's dangerous to type while driving....but it's also dangerous to text while driving or even change radio stations while driving. I'm sure Dodge had to cover themselves legally which is why they don't allow for the navigation to be used while driving....but I was wondering if there was a bypass for that to allow for use of the nav while driving?

#4 ·
My local audio shop put it in a hidden parking brake bypass button. Not saying this is the best route to go but the DVD player and Rear Camera work while the vehicle is in motion and you can edit the GPS as well.

#6 ·
I know this is an older thread now, but I'm very interested in this as well, details? I've seen the software you can buy, but the kind of money they want for that isn't worth it for me as I really don't do enough driving that I need the nav system but when I do I don't want to have to be pulling over to input or search. IMO they have gone overboard with the lockout, a passenger can't even input and search the way it's set up.

#7 ·
RammD; still interested in what the override switch cost ya, and how it was installed...

I went by a audio shop yesterday and asked them if they have done anything like that, they tell me yep and pulled up on the computer a price. $400!!!! It's a box like ALLGIG but at a much higher price, and the one they sell you have to hit a button every time you want to use the nav or dvd while driving! Oh, and it's another $100 to install... Yeah, no thanks.

I'm assuming yours wasn't that expensive, or complicated... Would love to know details on it and why doesn't everyone do something that simple? I don't need or want any of the other functions that ALLGIG has, just the ability to input on the GPS while driving!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.