DODGE RAM FORUM banner

DOT stickers

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  rancherman 
#1 ·
Ask 30 people about the need for DOT compliance stickers, and I get 30 different answers.
You get the gamut of commercial, agriculture, 'for hire', 'own use', 100 mile radius from home, 150 mile radius from home, total weight, total VALUE of cargo, pre trip inspection, post trip inspection, :doh:

Does anyone know of a site where I can go, that explains what I need, to be compliant? You all know I am a rancher here in nebraska, I go maybe 1 or 2 times a year out to snag some piece of equipment for use here on my operation, more than 150 miles from home, but usually 'in-state'. I might make it up to South dakota a couple times a year.
They are getting serious with the fines, I have heard up to $1500!
I could rant on and on about the blood thirstiness of this system, and the 'need' to extract more and more from us..... but this is too nice of a site here to 'spew'.

Hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas! (least we don't need a 'sticker' to celebrate THAT yet!)
Bob
Bob

#4 ·
Thanks! I might be headed to Texas with the '00 3500, pulling the 30 foot flatbed. I found a tractor down there that wants to come live in the snow!
I don't need to add to the purchase price with a hefty fine! The cost of diesel fuel to go get it will be enough!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.