DODGE RAM FORUM banner

clutch dragging on my '00 ctd

970 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  ramfam 
#1 ·
noticed that the 6 speed was getting harder to shift in the last couple of days. Starting out in the morning, it wasn't too bad, but as the day progressed, and everything was good and hot, I sometimes had to shut off the engine just to put it in reverse. I tried 'quick pumping' several times before trying to shift, hoping that if I had a bad slave or master cylinder, that might help. sometimes it worked ok, but not consistantly.
yes, the fluid is full.
leg pressure to depress clutch seems the same as always... plenty of resistance there..
no leaks around master or slave cylinder.... evident by 'full reservoir'

I gotta get this thing to the shop before it starts taking out syncronizers!
I had a clutch put in this about 2 years ago. I couldnt tell you now if it was a new one or rebuilt. I wonder if I have a warped disk, or distorted hub.
Had a rebuilt trans put in it last year.. about 5000 miles on the trans since then. I wonder if the dealer didn't bugger the disk when they re installed it) They weren't too happy that I came up with my own rebuilt trans for them to install!
I see there is no way to 'bleed' off this slave. I imagine the master is set to allow air (if any) to get back to the top.
sound familar to anyone out there? will know for sure in a couple days!

See less See more
#2 ·
Sounds like slave cylinder is going bad? Or fork might be bent or have dirt keeping it from moveing free or its out of adjust ment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.