DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Ramzilla transmissions

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  ramfam 
#1 ·
Been considering doing a little 'building up' on my next trans rebuild.
There are kits out there to put the extra duty internals from a 47/48 into a 46 trans.

transmissionsone.com shows various levels of complete trans, kits, individual components to build up the 46.
Basically these apparently use the extra clutches, heavier springs, pistons, VB mods, wider heavier bands, better friction material etc... from the 47. I also like the idea of charging the converter while in park. Deeper pan, bigger plate cooler, and heavier OD lockup to name a few. might even consider the 3 plate TC... although my stock engine won't really need it, I'm just thinking LONGEVITY.
Viper I and II are one level, then it goes up to what they call Ramzilla.
I doubt I'd need that level with a basically stock engine, LOL< the parts alone are almost $3k... I just am TIRED of rebuilding over and over the 46. Viper I or II run about 1000 for the kits.

I can tell there are several places to find these packages, I just threw this one up for an example.
Before I drop a load on this, has anyone done this, and how are they holding up by now?
I'll have 2 to do this winter, one's a rh and the other is a re. (might get a discount by ordering both at same time!)

See less See more
#2 ·
Id like to know as well we have a 2500 4x4 with 160 k on it now for the farm and for dads 5 miles he drive's a week. Im not to worried about it yet my brother had a new trans put in at about 90 k and a new 5.9 at 109 k. both where shot so if we really use it I want to know how kit is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.