DODGE RAM FORUM banner

I about pissed myself... shoot, I know I did!

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  samuel 
#1 ·
I was headed to town yesterday with the ol '97 Ram 1500, on our country asphalt road. I just clipped the side of a pot hole, and got the high speed shimmy wobble. I tell you what, @ 60+, there was $*#t flying in the cab! :SHOCKED: All I could do was nab the brakes hard, and ride it out! Time for a front end rebuild.....oh joy.:doh:

#4 ·
Wow, doesn't sound like a fun ride at all, unless you're at an amusement park.

#6 ·
Definitely sorry to hear that, not a fun ride at all! :(

- Cajun

#7 ·
yepper, track bar and stab for sure. I will go over the whole thing anyway. Funny how ya get one thing sorted out....something else ALWAYS comes along??? I wouldn't even want to ride this at an amusement park!
TTYL friends!
(gotta get some hay up this afternoon... first cloudless day I've had for weeks)

#11 ·
it's done this a couple times this summer. not quite @ 70..... ya suppose that is what knocked the seal out of the power steering box? LOL. Sigh, I fixed the engine up first, (no sense fixing the suspension.... unless the motor runs huh? ) I am the poster boy for 'fixing when absolutley necessary' My definition of 'absolutley' probably differs from sane people. :LOL:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.