DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Just when I think it's safe.... A 110 mph POTATO tell me: Happy Birthday Bob

2K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Chili1K 
#1 ·
Crying out loud... heading to town to get the tags for the '97 this morning, and a Potato flies off of a transport truck (They are digging potatoes now around here, and use huge live floor trucks) And they mound them up high. The 'wild ass jockies' they use to drive these trucks don't know what a tarp is used for. I was running about 60 or so, and these guys run about 50-55. Lets just say it took about 25 miles to get 'unpuckered'. (besides all the name calling and the threats). These guys don't stop for anything.
ya suppose 'Chip Dr.' can fix this?

See less See more
#3 ·
i hope that you got the trucks # & the company name
they owe you a windshield replacement & maybe a laundering of your tighty whities
:158:
:LOL:

#5 ·
Dang man, hate to hear this. I think I would try to find them and make use of that potato....

#9 ·
that sucks. around here if you get a rock in the windshield from a quarry truck they tell you that you were following at an unsafe distance. I don't know what they do by you, but if you know they aren't tarped well then you probably shouldn't have been close enough to get it. I'm not saying they shouldn't be held accountable, just crossing my fingers for ya!

#10 ·
Danno, they may tell you that, but the laws in most States reads,
It is against the law to operate on the highway a vehicle which is improperly covered, constructed, or loaded so that any part of its contents or load spills, drops, leaks, blows, sifts, or in any other way escapes from the vehicle. (Exception: clear water or feathers from live birds.)

#13 ·
Our state (GA) mandates that for every 10 miles an hour you are traveling you should yield 1 car length behind the vehicle in front of you. For example, if you are traveling 50mph, than you should be 5 car lengths behind the car in front of you. Hope this helps.

#14 ·
a little off topic
If you ever operated a motorcycle on a road that has truckers that are hauling soil material, you can be a 1/2 mile in back of the haul truck & you still get hit by the stuff off of that truck, the soil spreads all over the highway & every other vehicles tires pick it up again & again & you get peppered

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.