DODGE RAM FORUM banner

removing dents

5K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  mr.lopar 
#1 ·
well one of my workers took my truck out to grab us coffee last night and i'mnot sure how but he managed to get 2 dents and a nice scratching were the rear bumper hit the body of the truck. i just use touch-up paint on the scratch mark and it came out fine however now i have 2 small dents one on the chrome bumper and another on the top of the bed rear bed side. can anyone suggest easy dent removal for either one or should i just go see how much the body shop wants for it.

for the first one i thought i might try the old hairdryer and then hit it with a can of cold air to see if it will pop.

the second one will be a little harder and I'm not sure if its even worth it. the chrome bumper has a slight dent in it form what i understand its very hard to get chrome back to the way it was. but i thought i;d just get a second opinion anyways.

on another note I'm wondering if anyone knows if the front bumper of the truck is fixed or if it can be adjusted, mien has been sitting a little funny ever since i got it. its not really a big eye sore but its just a little pet peeve.

See less See more
#2 ·
Call your dealership, I know in Canada theres a company called Dent wizard or something like that who go around to places like once a month or so and use suction cups and they take out dings and such. that would be a good start or you could try taking the panel off and tapping it our with a rubber mallet if they are fairly minor.

#4 ·
I have used the heat gun with something behind of a comparable shape to push on it. Just don't get it hot enough to burn the paint. As it heats up, you will see it move.

#5 ·
you should be able to pull th etaillight out to get access to the dent above it, and try pushing on it from the backside to pop it out. the one in the bumper would be a lil more tricky, and would probably need to pull the bumper off to get good enough access to it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.