DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Air intake question

4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Toms Blue Ram 1500 
#1 ·
ok, so lookin at air intakes for my truck....they look like its pretty much a tube and a filter

so, my question is...

whats the dif between a $300 one and a $30 one off ebay. im sure the filters are a little different, but that much different?

#4 ·
The ones that are made specifically for our truck usually have better warranties and a better build quality, not to mention they're not some cheap CAI that's a bunch of parts thrown together. If you're only willing to spend $30.00 or so then you're better off building one on your own.

#5 ·
:wavey: Hey there. I just ordered a K&N C.A.I filter only for $65.00 canadian, Iam going to build my own tube system from ABS piping.So im talking pipe and a couple elbows approx 15 to 25 bucks ..say. So i got a good quaulity filter and my own piping system done for what $100. This to me sounds great. I know the pipe aint going to be pretty but as long as it works ..so what. Sand it paint it wont be that bad. This is..........just a suggestion and a thought.:smileup:

#6 ·
i was thinking of buying the cheap ebay kit just to use the pipe. cuz the pic is of it installed in a ram, so i know it fits. then get a good filter to put on it

i would paint the pipe though. not a fan of chrome...

#7 ·
I have a question with this as well.

If you look at the 09, it has a snorkle that pulls air from the front fender. This would be cooler air, so with that said, would a KN filter (or similar) not provide the same flow really?

I know that there are alot of claims of big gains with just a CAI. But I have yet to see one dyno graph that proves any.

Does anyone have some data to show good bad or ugly?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.