DODGE RAM FORUM banner

I Need Ideas On Performance Mods

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Redhemi03 
#1 ·
I have an '05 Dodge Ram Daytona and I have had it just over a year and I have not really added any mods to it so it's an open canvas. I would really love to increase the performance of my truck so any ideas would be much appreciated. I have looked into CAI's, but it seems that the money you spend isn't worth it. Thanks.

#2 ·
If you do other things with the CAI you will see the gains. What most people do is a CAI, a better flowing exhaust, and a programmer. Your Daytona already has a better flowing muffler but you still have the stock y pipe I believe. You could change that out too.

It really all depends on which direction you want to go. There are plenty of things you can do to improve performance. Just remember, once you start, you wont be able to stop! :LOL:

#3 ·
i agree 100% with everything he said! it turns into a great addiction once you start, besides the big three, tuner CAI and exhaust the biggest increase in power i have gotten was going to a set of long tube headers and a custom tune from hemi fever it made my truck come alive. after that its just a matter of how far the wallet allows you to go

#5 ·
The Diablo trinity is what im running because of the LT headers and custom tuning. If you arent planning on getting into the bigger mods ie cams headers heads then I would recommend super chips its what I had before the headers and I felt that the tunes that come standard on yhe superchips had more umph but I love my trinity just for the gauge platform. As for headers and ypipe if you go with long tubes the preferred on this site are pacesetter long tubes and they have a dedicated performance y pipe thats would go with them. If you are looking into short tube headers such as jba then you would want to replace the y pipe with a aftermarket maganflow that you would need an exhaust shop to install

#6 ·
There are ways of doing effective mods cheaply, too. Such as adding a cold/ram air tube to the stock airbox, and simply changing the filter to a better unit like a flat S&B or green filter.
For the tuner if you want performance above all else the intune may be an option. It's smaller, cheaper and not as fancy in the way of guages but will do everything the Trinity will as far as performance and custom tunes.

#8 ·
There aren't stupid questions man thats what the forums are for and the y pipe tube is made to match right up with a cat back and you dont need one you could have an exhaust shop fab one up for you as well but the y pipe makes it a lot easier also should note if you got the pacesetter y pipe it removes your cats so if you have to go thru emissions testing you will have to have some cats welded in

#12 ·
Go with a superchips tuner, a high flow filter and long tube headers with y pipe and you will be very happy with the outcome. You can use the superchips 91 tune with your stock cam and if you ever moved up to a little bit bigger cam like a 260 or a sidewinder you can still use the same canned tune.

If you decide to go further than that you can start looking into 4.56 gears and a nice stall converter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.