DODGE RAM FORUM banner

My Build Thread..Slowly Coming Along

10K views 56 replies 8 participants last post by  tminor 
#1 ·
Okay so to start this off my 98 ram 1500 sport 5.2l with 131k on the clock and it is my first truck..i had been looking for months before i got my license so i could find one i like and start modding it..well apparently jersey in home to some awful 2nd gens and i was set on getting one...i had looked at this one and after looking at a couple more pulled the trigger and brought her home..paid 3600 knowing it would need some work but it was in great shape compared to the others i had looked it.

Here's a pic of her getting loaded up to come home:
Automotive exterior Vehicle

needless to say i was one happy kid and once i got her home i instantly started looking her over and checking everything and started making a list of what it would need...at the time i didnt know it would be a long windy road...its gonna take a while to upload all the pics but itll be done soon enough!

See less See more
#31 ·
well as i promised heres a pic of the soda can:

heres after i put the tool box in:

now i cant fit the bike in hahah

then went and had some fun with some buddies of mine:

those all terrains can sling some dirt! haha
my buddy herman ridin shotgun

and soon im ordering my lift!

#35 ·
Kick ass pics man. Gotta love slingin mud. That's probly the only thing I have against toolboxes in the back.. no room for the toys heh. I know could get the side boxes or the fold outs ones, but they dun look right. So screwed either way I guess.

#36 ·
I had a tool box in my first ram, traded it away. tried just an open bed, roll bar, even a tonneau on my tank, and none felt right. so back to the tool box, its a cheap one, but its perfect. that's my opinion. if I can't fit it, trailer it. or get a long bed for your toolbox to sit in LOL

#38 ·
Lifts are fun, even with my 3" lift and 35's I can blast some of the bigger holes.. It does help I tuned it to help turn those wheels a little better, but still when ya can go through a pit that the guy before ya couldn't and he has the same setup as you, ya start to feel pretty good bout your truck lol

#40 ·
so after a long time waiting i finally installed my cb radio today. since i dont have a temperature gauge in my overhead console i figured id try to mount it there...easier said than done..
first a had to cut away part of the lip the plastic had

then after dropping the console out i removed the inside black plastic piece so i had enough room to fit it

and i ran into some trouble as to how to mount it into there so duct tape and zip ties helped as always

while trying to remove the plastic piece that runs along the door i cracked it so i just ran the wires next to it

double0ram inspired me to run the antennas off the tool box so i order 2 3ft black antennas you cant see them in the pics so ill have to get better ones but here it is all mounted in crossing fingers it stays

midland makes one good radio for the price i was driving with some buddies of mine tonight my friend behind me had a walmart cobra (could barely hear him)
my other friend about a mile behind us had the same midland i do(could hear him perfectly)

#42 ·
thats exactly what happened to mine...well i went to a junk yard today to get those evap canisters and i ended up leaving with more then that there was a black qc 01 that was wrecked i took the canisters black westin step bars and the under the seat console and off of a wrecked 98 2500 standard to took the cab lights cant wait to get those on but im dreading removing that console again...

#48 ·
well i havent updated this in a while causeive been busy with the truck i blew my steering box again...no idea why we think it was a crappy rebuild but anyway we went and had fun in the woods again..

my friend decided to slide out of the mud hole right into a tree(his is a 98 single cab)

after some help of a sledge,prybar and zip ties she was as good as new!

#50 ·
i went through car quest ill double check on brand name but with your set up no doubt spend the extra cash for an upgraded one...actually scratch that go right to a junk yard tear one out of a 98 durango and slap it in those are supposidly bullet proof my step brother runs one on his 98 tj with 35 swampers he said the aftermarket ones are basically durango ones with a different sticker..

but my "front end problem" was actually npot my front end...it was my rear drums!

#51 ·
i know i havent posted in a while but trucks been running okay except for the trans on its way out...but the other day my girlfriends sister back right into the side of my truck and even though her paint is on my truck and the blue is all over her car she still swears she hit a pole...
heres some pics

she is paying for it but the quotes i got are brutal and i cant find a door around here anywhere any suggestions would be great!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.