DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Suspension lift vs body lift

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  usmcoorah 
#1 ·
i have a super lift complete 5"/3.5" suspension lift kit with rear add leaves for my dodge ram. i origonally went with the suspension lift because im on rough terrain a lot and farming, but now im going into the marines in a couple mnths and wonderd if anyone recomends saving a little money and just getting a body lift lift instead. i mostly will be just driving a lot on highway now and maybe some on the beach during the wknds. just looking for some feedback on weather i should just stay with my superlift suspension kit or if the body lift with some blocks would be okay.

#2 ·
I personally only add a body lift after a suspension lift (6" or more and then I would trim fenders and add flares first), if I still want a little more then add body. If you have the lift kit already I would just do that. It looks better and it is way less hassle. With a body lift you have to raise the front and rear bumpers, and add a frame skirt so you don't see a huge gape. If you have or plan on running boards they look horrible with a body lift, unless you fab some raised mounts... Time wise its a wash.....You get what you pay for IMHO:4-dontknow:

#4 ·
ya i think i will i got my new dick cepek tires and proc comp rims will be in monday so i might get it all done then, and im selling a 98 cherokee classic the someone gave to me for 250$ so after i just clean a couple things it should pay for my installation of the suspension lift kit and then some. the place in town is little exspensive i think for mine its around 700 something to have th whole thing done with a sway bar, but they can have it asap and it professional body shop that guarentees the work

#7 ·
ya il throw some pics on here once its on. i probly wont do much more until the service except for putting a performance air intake, and a grille guard. id like to do a lot more like performance chip for starters but i dnt have much time and i blew out the head gasket on my sea chaser boat this past wknd.

#9 ·
thanx i was curious to see what people had to say and experiences they might have had with a body lift kit.

il have outlaw motor sports put on my 33x12.50 dick cepeks monday with 97 series black pro comp rock crawlers included with crome caps and lug nuts by next monday
i have a superlift suspension kit coming coming in hopefully asap i called today and it was held up at there warehouse, they said cause they had 10 other same orders. im getting tired of waiting so ima bug them till it goes out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.