DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2010 Ram 1500 4X4 Lift Help!

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  RMS84MD 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I have a 2010 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Sport 4X4 on the way from the factory and need help/guidance/advice on which lift I should put on it. I want to run 37X12.50R20 on the truck when it is all said and done. The dealer said that on Saturday (January 30, 2010) Mopar came out with a 3 inch suspension lift "that looks like a 4 inch lift" (whatever that means) that will allow for 37X12.5R20 tires. I want to use my factory sport wheels for the lift but I am concerned about backspace issues. Does anyone know if this lift will allow for those size tires on my factory 20 inch wheels without clearance and rubbing problems? Also, I was told if I get the mopar lift and have it installed by the dealer (and pay their rediculous premium) that my warranty will remain valid. I talked to a guy at Trick Trucks and he told me he would recommend a 6-inch lift for those size tires. My concern is if I buy my truck at the dealer then take it over to Trick Trucks I could one day have warranty issues say if my transmission ever had issues, (they could blame it on the oversize tires). Anyone have any experience with this or have any advice as to what to do? I can't find the lift for the 2010 anywhere online. The dealer said they would put the lift on but I would have to go do the tires on my own, (kind of shady and didn't make much sense to me). Also, any idea on what this kit will cost to be installed? I've been told that the 2009 kit is basically the same thing as the 2010 kit so any experience with the 2009 would likely apply to my situation.

Lastly, my motivation for all this was the 2009 Dodge Ram "Big Red" done for the Moab Shoot found here: http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2009/04...t-in-moab.html

With the kit that Mopar is offering would I be able to achieve this same look?

Thank you very much in advance, I know I just asked a ton of questions.

See less See more
#2 ·
I work at a Chrysler dealership and we don't void waranties due to over sized tires. The only thing we have ever voided a warranty for was an aftermarket intake system that wasn't maintained and allowed debris intake which was the demis of the motor. I can't speak for every dealer but we wouldn't look twice at a truck with a lift and large tires, we would warranty it to the fullest, if it had an aftermarket lift or not. Even if it had huge tires we would warranty anything on it. If your worried I would go and speak upfront to the service manager and ask him if he would warranty your truck with the modifications you want to do. My geuss is he will say no problem and then I would only bring it there. Rememeber the dealer wants your bussiness if it is warranty or not.

#3 ·
The lift kit you are referring to is a 4" lift but the info I have in front of me doesn't list a maximum tire size. Tire size shouldn't void your warranty but an incorrectly installed aftermarket lift could if it caused a drivetrain problem. The Mopar lift is compatible with the ESP on your truck.

#6 ·
the mopar lift is actually only about $2500, give or take a few bucks depending on where u get it from. has anybody seen the new rancho brand lift for the 2009-2010 ram 1500? go to gorancho.com. its nice, fits 35s. the only problem i have with all these lift kits that r out right now, none of them come with new front coilover shocks, just replacement struts to put in the original factory coilover. procomp is the only one who does, but then they screwed up by putting rear coil spring spacers in the rear, its a dumb ass design, i want a real off-road suspension when i pay 2500 of more for a new suspension. i love superlifts lifts, but it doesnt come the way it should with coilovers, what r these companies being so cheap for these days?

#7 ·
also, the superlift, and mopar...which is the same thing as the superlift, the 4 inch will fit 37s but u will have to do some major trimming, the 6 inch superlift is more suited for 37s without all the problems, mopar only sells the 4 inch cause thats what they will cover parts under their warranty to that max lift height.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.