DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Trying to get the most height

3K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  old amateur 
#1 ·
Hey all, I am new to the forum so let me quick introduce. I have an '07 Ram 1500 4WD with a Hemi. I want lift it and put bigger tires on it. I was thinking about a 6" suspension lift with 37's. Will be pretty significant? What are some little things maybe I could add to get a little more? Is 6" the highest kit they have out their? I appreciate them comments and suggestions, folks!

#2 ·
they have 8 inch and youll pay for that extra 2 inches. personally ive got a 5.5 inch and it clears 35s, but im putting a set of prerunner fenders up front and then ill clear 37s. but yea that lift and 37s on yours will be a pretty significant lift. shes gunna sit high enough that most women will complain about getting into it haha

#4 ·
fabtech offers a 8 inch and thats a damn good lift, i have a 5.5 in mine. they offer a refular and a long arm, of course the long arm being the more expensive of the two. look at 4wheelparts.com and you can get an idea of what lifts are available and from what companies and then shop around for the specific lift you want. that website usually has good prices on lifts, and thats where i got mine from.

#10 · (Edited)
There is no 8" lift for your truck. I do not know where someone gets that from. I have a Fabtech lift kit......If you want to you can follow what I have done. I have the same truck as you model and year wise. I started with a leveling kit and worked my way up. I now have a 6" lift from Fabtech, and just installed a 3" body lift. So that brings you to a 9" lift. Another really good thing to do is get yourself a set of Bilstein 5100s. Those are shocks that raise the truck up. These can be used with the lift kit to add 3 different heights of lift. They are 0"-.5"-1.5"-2.5". The only thing is you should not go all the way up since you will stress the suspension more then it needs to be. I have those as well under my truck so I will be using them all the way up though. I am doing that because I have a 200lb bumper going on, that might bring the front end down a bit haha.

So you can go with a 6" lift kit. If you want some extra height then you can either go with a body lift or a set of 5100s. I would suggest getting the body lift first since you raise the whole truck front and rear. With the 5100s you are only raising the front. When ordering the lift kit you can prepare for the 5100s though. If you go with BDS then you an go with their leaf springs for the rear. They offer a whole leaf pack which raises the truck 5" I believe. That would be ideal if you are going to use the 5100s. If the rear sits a little lower then it is an easy fix. You can then get yourself a set of blocks for the rear just to bump it up a little.

The only thing you cannot add is another spacer. The lift kits foryour truck use a spacer to raise the front. You cannot stack spacers sicne they will shift. The 5100s can be used since they riase the truck differently then te lift kit does. The 5100s raise the whole spring seat up which raises the front up.

With just the 6" lift you may not be able to fit the 37s. So this is where the 5100s would be a good choice. You can use them to go a little higher to make the 37s fit. The 6" lift kits all recommend going with a set of 35" tires. Actually I think I remember seeing BDS makes a kit that does fit 37" tires. Anyways you can always do it and if they do not fit then you can add some more height. Only thing about knowing what you are going to do is the best idea. If you are going to want more you should do it all at the same time. If you do decide on the 5100s you would want to install them at he same time as the lift kit. The 5100s need the struts to be taken apart so does the lift kit. That would save you some money in the installation department!

The best type of lifts out there for your truck are Fabtech, BDS and Superlift. Those are the big guys that make very good kits for the 06-08 Rams. I say go with BDS since they make a very good kit and Big Horn can get you a deal on it as well. Most of what I said above does go well with their kit. Also BDS does offer steering stabilizers which will come in very usefull if you are adding big tires. Fabtech does have them as well, I have them in my truck and I really like them. They make driving with bigger tires much better. BDS also have ladder bars which is another great option to add to the list. If I knew Big Horn could have gotten me a deal when I ordered my lift I would have done it. I think me and him actually got our lifts at the same tiem haha

I hate to be an ******* but I have to let people know when information is wrong (well for this thread). All of this post above is wrong for your situation. This info is for a solid axle truck which yours is not. The 2007 Ram has independent front suspension, which means you have struts up front. The lift kit that you will use has a spacer on top of the strut for the majority of the lift and then the steering knuckles will lift it more

Here is my truck with the 9" lift and a set of 40" tires. The tires do rub on the bumper, so I have one on the way. Also they are very close to the bottom of the fenders. This is where the Bilsteins come in for me since they will give some more room for the tires.

#7 ·
yea its pretty nice out in this part of sd, the black hills have some nice trails to ride and theres a nice set of mud runs in farmingdale. that place is awesome they close down some runs during parts of the year and leave others open, and then swap, that way trucks like mine ( yea i know... cocky haha) dont tear up the whole thing

#13 ·
#15 ·
Scat Pak,

Seeing as we're from the same area, may I ask where you purchased your lift and tires etc-on line or a retailer?
I would like a 6" lift with the possibility of a small body lift if needed to run 37's. From what I read, it also appears I would have to do a gear swap as well. Thoughts?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.