DODGE RAM FORUM banner

weird aftermarket radio problem

3K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  chithead 
#1 ·
so i installed an aftermarket radio in my ram a few days ago. no biggy, ive done tons of radio installs. this time though, after i got everthing wired up and ready to go i start the truck the radio comes on and plays music then i roll down my driver window the music cuts off but the radio it's self is still on?? it only does it on the driver window the other three windows don't do it. any ideas?

#5 ·
take the door panel off and connect your power window switch, you will see that the power window gear is in a reversve mode on the ram and if you estended the cables to tthe speakers you are pinching them and grounding it. it happend to me the first time I did my pass door speaker. make sure you zip tide the wires as close to the front of the door or it will continue to happen,,, just anoying, but atleast easy to take the door panel off compared to a GMC truck

#7 ·
soo i'm an idiot lol. i took the door panel off and removed the speaker and wondered why two of the four speaker terminals were not connected. the gear(?) that the window moves on ground up the speaker wire. well that would explain why it only worked when i rolled the window up lol. problem solved now. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.