DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Tracking an order

35K views 74 replies 24 participants last post by  Biggin 
#1 ·
Forgive if a repost but for the life of me I could not find the info here when I searched here for it so here it is.

Call this wonderful 800#.......800-992-1997
You will need a VON or VIN which the dealer will be able to give you.
Just hang on the line and don't pick anything or say anything until they ask for a phone number. Once you give that you will be transfered to the next available rep who will need your VON or VIN. Here is a list of the status codes they use. I can not wait for my truck, unfortunatly still in tentative schedule land, silly holidays. Believe a dealer can do this for you as well but I like to get info when I want it. Believe they create a file number after you have called a few times, you can ask for this.

ORDER STATUS CODES

Not Scheduled yet
BB review by fleet department
BD special equipment processing
BE edit error
BG passed edit n/a for schedule
BGL edit ok parts unavailable
BX passed edit available for schedule
Scheduled:
C sub firm
D firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available
D1 gateline schedule - scheduled to be built
Assembly Line:
E frame
F paint
G trim
Assembly Completed:
I built not ok'd
J built ok'd
JB shipped to body vendor
JE emission check
JS shipped to storage
KZ released by plant , invoiced
Shipping Status:
KZL released - not shipped
KZM first rail departure
KZN first rail arrival
KZO delayed/recieved
KZOA plant holds
KZOB zone/distribution holds
KZOC carrier delays
KZOD carrier holds
KZOE mis-shipped vehicle
KZOF show/test vehicle
KZOG damaged vehicle
KZOH all other reasons
KZT second rail departure
KZU second rail arrival
KZX delivered to dealer
KZY1 - major damage - must not be sold as new
KZY2 - major damage - vehicle sold at auction
ZA canceled

See less See more
#3 ·
What are the options on the truck? Be precise as there are a lot of holds at warren truck right now.

I ordered mine Jan 18th, I had my VIN in a week and the truck is currently waiting to be loaded onto a carrier. About a month, but I wasn't subject to any holds, there are quite a few that are delaying trucks until 3/15. This is the hardest part for me, as I dont know when it is coming and I have some friends that work for chrysler pushing it along for me, but they havent heard anything back yet as to when it will be delivered.

#10 ·
Yup, they are made in Mexico.

Unscheduled:
BX - good order available for scheduling
BB - fleet order only - review by bid department
BD - special equipment processing
BE - edit error - coding error which must be corrected before order can be scheduled
BG - order has passes edit but cannot be scheduled regardless of sold status

Reason Codes:
F - finance hold - automatic cancellation after 15 days
B - model or option build out
L - material restriction
M - material hold (fleet)
ZA - canceled order

Scheduled:
C - tentative schedule
D - firm schedule: serial number assigned, approx time in station - 5 days
D1 - gateline: unit sequenced for production, est ship date assigned, Approx time in station - 12 days

Build:
E - framing
F - paint
G - trim

Built:
I - unit built, pending final inspection
J - vehicle passed final inspection but not released to carrier
JB - shipped to body vendor
JE - shipped to emissions
JJ - consigned to body vendor
JS - shipped to storage
KZ - released by plant and invoiced

Traffic Codes:
KZ L - released but not shipped
KZ M - first rail departure
KZ N - first rail arrival
KZ O - delayed/received
KZ OA - plant hold, quality audit
KZ OB - zone, dealer, sales, vehicle prep, tax, diversion or derailment hold, dealer refusal, vehicle diverted
KZ OC - carrier delay, strike-bound, emission or safety hold, rail car shortage, bad or insufficient load, inclement weather, need shipping order, manifest error
KZ OD - mechanical failure, glass damage, vehicle in repair, lacking parts or storage hold
KZ OE - misdropped or misshipped vehicle
KZ OF - shipped air freight, stolen vehicle recovered, show vehicle, test info code, vessel sailed
KZ OG - damaged vehicle, stolen vehicle, abandon to carrier, vehicle scrapped, donate vehicle, repair and auction
KZ OH - all other "O" type carrier codes
KZ T - second rail departure
KZ U - second rail arrival
KZ X - delivered to dealer
KZ Y1 - major damage - must not be sold as new
KZ Y2 - major damage - vehicle sold at auction

#11 ·
2010. ...... The Ram 2500 and 3500 are built in Chrysler's Saltillo Assembly Plant in Coahuila, Mexico, ...

The Ram is currently built at Saltillo Truck Assembly in Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico; Saint Louis Assembly North in Fenton, Missouri, United States; and Warren Truck Assembly in Warren, Michigan, United States.

#15 ·
There are only two plants building the ram warren truck (my home plant) builds 1500 crew and quad trucks 4x4 and 4x2 everything else comes out of mexico standard cab 2500 3500 4500 5500 trucks are made there we also build the 1500 for mexico but it says 2500 on it but its still a 1500 truck

#12 ·
I am in the same situation as MIRAMDRIVER, I ordered mine on 16 Jan, received a VIN# a week later with a D1 code and I just find out this afternoon the truck has been shipped to Kingston, ON. It took them a month to built my truck and it has everything on it except the sport hood. The waiting game has started...I will let you know when it arrive.

#16 ·
ordered mine 12 8 09 still in c status hate the waiting game have a order number but no vin yet and we have not run worth a shit this week and heard as of yesterday we owe the dealerships 14000 units dont sound like a lot but we have been down all week parts shortages my 08 is due back one the first of next month i cant wait no more lol

#17 ·
Damn, looks like you guys are busy! I'm suprised you cant push your truck up being that you work there. My friend is trying to get mine out the door for me right now. It is sitting on the lot waiting to go on a truck, and I am hoping to have it by friday... You don't happen to know anyone in logistics, do you? :Hey: LOL

#18 ·
I ordered mine the last wek in October and the dealer just told me today that it is finally showing up in the system -whatever that means - should I ask him if there is a code -will that help me get a better time frame? - I was told it was because of the colour I ordered that it is taking so long. I odered mango tango . The dealership is fairly small so I guess that is against me also. Sturgeon Falls sub dealer for Capreol Ontario

#25 · (Edited)
I took delivery of my 2010 Laramie 1500 Quad-cab 4 x 4 a week-and-a-half ago. I ordered it with almost every option available, including NAV. It's a really sweet truck. It was worth waiting for to get what I want. I know you guys are gonna love yours too! It was made in St. Louis. They railed it to Kansas City, where I picked it up. The dealer told me it would take 6 - 8 weeks. From the time I ordered it, until I was driving it home took 9 weeks. I called the Chrysler Customer Service toll free number to keep updated on the production status. This info was pretty good, but maybe about a day late. Also, you have to have patience with their phone reps. Sometimes I had a hard time explaining what I wanted, but they are usually very nice. It seemed like it was in D1 forever. But once it went into production it changed status almost daily. I tried not to bug the dealer too much with this because when I did it pretty much agreed with what Chrysler had just told me. Yeah, the waiting IS the hardest part! You guys need to get ready to smile, Man!!!!

Hud

#26 ·
Yes i know i been hooked since 2008 when we first started to build them i think the crew cab has the room i have always wanted i have had three quad cab trucks almost got a mega cab but at the time they wanted too much for them at the time but now my lease is up on the first i should be getting my truck by the end of the month now

#29 ·
You list Sport in your Trim Level. Was it Laramie or a Sport? They're very similar in possible trims except for the wheels.

Good to hear they're buildin' w/ the R/T hood. Was hoping it wouldn't slow up my order.

#31 ·
Gotta agree on the hood. I was going to drop it for the cost but the wife said it was the musclecar touch and needed to stay.

Thanks for the pic!! You basically ordered the same truck I'm waiting on right down to color! Your's appears to be a Crew though? I ordered a Quad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.