DODGE RAM FORUM banner

installed new comp. still won't start??

1K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  notverysmart 
#1 ·
hello all, purchased this truck with a bad rear end, so i put a junkyard unit in and it started and drove. i parked it for 2 months (to aviod paying excesive dmv fees) went out to start it.....no start. charged the battery....no start. installed new (rebuilt) computer and then it would start but die within 2-3 seconds. replaced crank sensor...same thing, starts but wont stay running. put a test light to 1 of the fuel injectors, light flashes during cranking but i lose feul injector power when key is not in the cranking postion. any ideas????

#9 ·
had a freind come by and check fuel press. & volume...he said its good, when the fuel pump runs..... fuel pump and injectors are only operating when key is in the crank position, once it starts and you release key to run position fuel pump and fuel injectors stop working (put test light on fuel injector and light stops flashing as soon as you stop cranking and put key in "run". new..."rebuilt computer,new crank pos. sensor, and new cam pos. sensor installed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.