DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Engine Cover Mod

6K views 30 replies 24 participants last post by  aaram12 
#1 ·
I thought it came out pretty well, so I thought you guys might appreciate it. Hope you like it!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks great!

I am in the process of doing the same! well different colors anyway...

Love it!

#4 ·
:SHOCKED: Looks sweeeet. Love it. I wounder why the manufacture never thinks of details like this. Awsome.:smileup::smileup:

#18 ·
IMHO, it does absolutely nothing,
well .....other than Heat Soaking the intake runners on your intake manifold. :D

Mine is totally removed to keep my engine cooler and faster, especially at the track during the hot Summer months.
I'll put it back on for the Winter (maybe) and might even paint mine if I get bored after the track closes for the season next month.

Here's what it looks like underneath the shell...not pretty, but not hideous either ....I kinda like it.

#20 ·
Good to see my post of the engine cover blowing up like crazy! such an easy mod for little price!!!

LOOKS GREAT BUD! :D

#22 ·
Hey I am looking for opinions on that paint scheme I was thinking painting the sides the silver and the letters silver since my truck is black so I don't have the matching exterior. I think they put that on there so people don't see a plastic intake on a HEMI engine LOL. I would have thought they would make the engine look good not just cover it up. I like the look with the Volant filter but I personally think the OEM box sucks in a huge amount of air the filter is the biggest one I have seen on a vehicle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.