DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Factory Spray in Liner

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  crabjoe 
#1 ·
Just recently got my 2013 Quad express 4x4.when reading the window sticker the trucks come standard with spray in liner but when ordering express or big horn package has bedliner delete.What is RAM thinking?who would possibly want a new pickup without a bedliner?I just got a plastic drop in liner but the factory really should keep the spray liner on all trucks.Whats wrong with these idiots.Can say that is my only gripe with the truck.

#2 ·
i'm with you on that one...have a picture of your truck ?

#4 ·
Probably a little biased here on being that im the manager for the local Linex dealer here. but i know our local dealer avoids ordering the liners from factory in favour of sending them to us, they find we do a far better job and take more time and care in making sure the job is done right, we have already had to fix a few factory sprayed liners already and being that you get a lifetime warantee as opposed to the standard trucks warantee i would never order with it factory installed. just my opinion ill get a few pics of my liner as soon as i clean up my truck.

#5 ·
It is my understanding that the Longhorn package comes with the spray in liner? Any chance of getting that option removed on an order?

#7 ·
i think its about 20 bucks more they make if that.. But i do know they like the fact that when its warantee they get to wipe thier hands clean and send it to us.

They have also been sending us truck to do the pinch weld in the front of the box between the cab with the rubber moulding on it. cause of rust issues. they have had a few done with paint and the rust comes back. we have done about 10 so far and no issues.

All i have left for mine is linex on the rear bumbper and the trailer hitch as well

and maybe the lower section of the rocker pannels

#14 ·
I have the premium in my truck hard to give a price as I got it for next to nothing being I'm the manager of the line-x dealer plus I went 100 on the walls and 150 on the bed and tailgate plus I did a few extras like plugging all the holes by the tie downs and used seam sealer on the gaps on the bed floor but we do that last part for everyone and hey it color matched perfect to my nice shinny black truck lol

#15 ·
My dealer would rather do the factory liner.. Say's it's just easier to have it come in that way then to send the truck out to get sprayed.

Me, I ordered without the factory liner because I want Line X. Had it before and compared to the factory liner, it just looks ways nicer, especially since I can get over the rails..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.