DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Anybody NOT Having Problems with 8.4 Touchscreens?

6K views 41 replies 26 participants last post by  cmollica 
#1 ·
All I read on here about the 8.4 touchscreens is problem threads. How unreliable are these things? Does anyones Nav work right?

#3 ·
Had one quick reboot in three months, no other issues.

#4 ·
No issues here.

#6 ·
Mine is good, then again I've only had the truck a week.

#13 ·
you have to remember that most people come to the forum for help , and not just to say " hey my truck is running good " .

so the threads about problems and asking for help will be high , we just have to remember to help if we know the answer and not to post a negative remark because someone is asking for help and not using the search feature.

if your nieghbor came over with a question and you knew the answer or knew where you could send him for help , would you ?? its the be kind to your neighbor thought .

#18 ·
I have had nothing but problems with my 2013 Laramie. I bought it Dec 19/12
3 new tires all drivers side rear.
1 fuel pump
1 ecu unit
1 radio
3 reboots
I have owned it for 66 days and it has been in the shop for 34. I have not driven it for more than 2 weeks without it being in the shop. Presently it is in the shop due to the radio going nuts and the check engine light with fuel pressure code again. The radio keeps switching stations to Aux to Gps every few seconds...warm or cold temps outside.They have replaced both the fuel pump and Ecu. As far as the computer it shuts down my ECO, Radio, Key Fob, Electric Start and runs very rough. Chrysler engineering/dealership say they are working very hard on this but the part is nowhere to be found. Expected in March...So I drive a minivan instead of my truck and It is presently in the shop for 24 days and counting. Does anyone else have a computer that says" memory system unavailable please put in park?" mine says it every 3 min or so and stays on the drivers screen for approx 10 seconds. If you have had any of these problems please post back and tell me solutions.

#22 ·
Well the story goes like this.....
First Tire :I picked up my new truck and while driving it home I noticed a clicking noise When I checked the tire it had the bolt from the wheel well in the tire.
Second Tire :After replacement I drove from Toronto to South Carolina. In West Virgina mountains I started losing air pressure in the new tire. We were stuck on the side of the highway untill a guy came by and helped us get to a tire store and they fixed the tire. He said the dealership did not seal the tire properly.
Third tire : Replacement when I got home from dealership. As the tire was defective.

#20 ·
Guess I didn't knock on wood fast enough when I posted yesterday. Lost all my presets this morning as well as my nav has a couple of minor glitches with the trail setting. Hope this isn't the start of stranger things to come!

#23 ·
The Harman Kardon 2013 radios, as we call them, are unlike any radio ever put into Rams
They not only do the AM/FM, Satellite, Navigation, & Uconnect
The new radios control all the Memory settings, including the Memory Seats & adjustable brake pedal memory, the radio also controls the Climate Controls & the EVIC display & several other things
Chrysler & Harman Kardon need to get together & come up with all the answers fast

From reading all the posts, almost every fault it would seem is in one way or another Radio connected

#24 ·
I hope I don't jinx myself here, but "knock on wood" I haven't had any issues with the 8.4AN and I use the navigation and the apps often. Never done a reset or had it try a restart like others have had happen.

#30 ·
Hi guys,

Have a question. The car seems to be canadian or euro spec (km per hour on the dash, celcius, radio frequency). But, language setting of uconnect is strange, in the language selection section a can not choose English...spanish, netherlands, german, but not English...by the way russian is also available but not possible to choose either)). I can not simply put a tick point, it doesnt appear for mentioned languages. Anyone knows how to solve?

Attachments

#31 ·
I saw this posted somewhere else, too. I don't think there's an easy fix if I had to guess. I would say that you're probably gonna have to get thing hooked up to a computer for additional language pack installations if the tick box is grayed out.

From the Uconnect FAQ page: - "UConnect can communicate in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian or Dutch." so this leads me to believe that it should be on any model with Uconnect.

I would start here: http://www.driveuconnect.com/contact-us/

Good luck to you!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.