DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Insurance

4K views 35 replies 28 participants last post by  merve04 
#1 ·
Any one have a low cost alternative to Allstate. There bangin me over the head. Upped my insurance, says the Outdoorsman Edition cost $300 more a year to insure than the Longhorn or Bighorn?

#3 ·
Just shop it yourself, what worked for some of us, might not be the same for you... But here's a bit of info from my past experience with Allstate.. Years ago when I 1st shopped for insurance, I contacted 3 different Allstate agents. I got 3 different prices for the exact same coverage. It's a case of how much commission a given agent wanted to make. So in your case, your agent might be looking for a fatter commission check from you.

BTW, in most states, you can contact your State's insurance commissioner to see what a given insurers rates are.

#4 · (Edited)
Go to a insurance broker that has a choice of insurance companies

look at the ratings of different companies
http://money.msn.com/auto-insurance/best-auto-insurance-companies.aspx
or
go online to Progressive Insurance & AAA insurance

http://www.ny.aaa.com/insurance/aut...arts_of_an_auto_insurance_policy.xml&SrcID=81

https://www.progressive.com/contact-us.aspx
you can do it yourself online or go through a broker & pay the extra fees

out here you have to have full coverage insurance If you are still making payments on the vehicle

#5 ·
I went in yesterday to cancel my insurance on my BMW that I just sold this weekend. Got a quote for my truck (even through it's probably still 2 months away from arriving). And Allstate (who I've been with since I started driving 5 years ago), beat everybody else by $100 a month, with same deductibles and better coverage.

#6 ·
I got allstate myself and have yet to find anyone else come close to their rates. I've had them for about 5yrs now and have my bike,truck and home through them. I call around for quotes about every 6 months to just make sure what's out there, and I constantly get "we can't come close". I would recommend calling other allstate agents and see what they offer you. FYI my premium only went up $144 a year...'10 jeep wrangler 2 dr "mountain edition" to a '13 cc Laramie.

#9 ·
Don't have a direct answer for the OP but I am curious as to what the insurance rates are in other Canadian Provinces and US states.

On my 2012 QC 4x4 Ram, I payed $1680.00 this year for insurance. This cost is after a 43% safe driver discount (20+ years), anti-theft device discounts etc.

Coverage includes:

Full collision ($300.00 deductible)

Comprehensive coverage ($300.00 deductible): theft, weather related: lightning, windstorm, hail, rising water and fire

3 million liability

Roadstar Package which covers:

- Rental Vehicle coverage—protects you when you're renting a vehicle or using a courtesy car.

- Loss of Use coverage—get a rental vehicle or reimbursement for replacement transportation when your vehicle is getting repaired or until the claim is settled.

- Vehicle Travel Protection—for business trips and vacations.

- Lock Re-Keying—to replace your stolen keys or remote keyless-entry transmitter.

#22 ·
Don't have a direct answer for the OP but I am curious as to what the insurance rates are in other Canadian Provinces and US states.

On my 2012 QC 4x4 Ram, I payed $1680.00 this year for insurance. This cost is after a 43% safe driver discount (20+ years), anti-theft device discounts etc.

Coverage includes:

Full collision ($300.00 deductible)

Comprehensive coverage ($300.00 deductible): theft, weather related: lightning, windstorm, hail, rising water and fire

3 million liability

Roadstar Package which covers:

- Rental Vehicle coverage—protects you when you're renting a vehicle or using a courtesy car.

- Loss of Use coverage—get a rental vehicle or reimbursement for replacement transportation when your vehicle is getting repaired or until the claim is settled.

- Vehicle Travel Protection—for business trips and vacations.

- Lock Re-Keying—to replace your stolen keys or remote keyless-entry transmitter.

Here in Alberta 2 vehicles full coverage and one PLPD we are roughly 275 a month, thats 2 drivers with 12 years of driving experience each.

The motorcycle is seperate company 300 a year just basic, if I crash ill just fix, cheaper that way

2million on the one because she hauls children in it for a day home and just a million on the others

#13 ·
Never had experience with Geico but why skip Progressive? I have had motorcycles and cars with them and not only has their rates beat other rates I have received, butI have always received good customer service with Progressive.

#11 ·
State Farm here, house, truck, super bee, avalanche, travel trailer, flat bed trailer. Very reasonable. If you have more than one vehicle and don't drive it more than 7500 miles a year that one is very cheap..

#14 ·
progessive geico allstate are all company's that allow state minimum policy's. Those companys will typically insure anyone with any type of record. I use Amica I pay 1100 full coverage 250/500 k limits with 500 deduct. But then again I never had a ticket nor accident. Amica is a comp that will not insur under 25 age or a bad record.

Also insurance premiums go by your driving record/ credit score / area u live in and vehicle cost to replacement. and how much damage your vehicle will do if you crash

Examples

25m on a motorcycle will pay less than someone driving an old box truck
or an older male with bad credit typically will be in an accident

its all a numbers game with insurance. They have a formula they use.

#15 ·
progessive geico allstate are all company's that allow state minimum policy's. Those companys will typically insure anyone with any type of record. I use Amica I pay 1100 full coverage 250/500 k limits with 500 deduct. But then again I never had a ticket nor accident. Amica is a comp that will not insur under 25 age or a bad record.

Also insurance premiums go by your driving record/ credit score / area u live in and vehicle cost to replacement. and how much damage your vehicle will do if you crash

Examples

25m on a motorcycle will pay less than someone driving an old box truck
or an older male with bad credit typically will be in an accident

its all a numbers game with insurance. They have a formula they use.
The premium you pay, is that for 6-months or 1 year?

#16 ·
I have AutoOwners insurance and I pay ~1100 a year for full coveerage and a 250 deductable. I am 19, with 0 tickets and 1 accident(slippery roads are not good :/). I would expect someone older would be able to have a better rate than me.

#17 ·
I have USAA Insurance and I pay $937.57 a year for full coverage and a $250 deductible.

Yes, I realize that not everyone can get USAA, but if you have ever served or had a family member that has, it might be worth looking into.

#20 ·
I've had Geico...forever. Very happy with them. On my new Ram $110.00 a month. There customer service is very good.

#21 ·
I had Farmers for thirty years, it just went up and up and I had every single customer discount known to man. I got geico but I have three vehicles, home, and an umbrella policy. My insurance went down $900 a year. Two Challengers and my Ram average $58 a month each, no one can come close to that, same coverage. Geico lets you see what you are paying for online and you can modify your coverage anytime, plus you are not paying a middleman aka agent a commission. If you knew who owned progressive you would not buy from them.

#28 ·
I have a 13 lone star 4wd(big horn) and it costs me $4 a month more than my 09 big horn 2wd. State Farm has given me the best price by a lot over anyone. Not sure how they are outside tx but they are the cheapest national insurance company I have found. Even the AAA guy told me he couldn't come close to what I pay.

#30 ·
went up about$200 a year to from 2011 wrangler to 2013 ram.that is with allstate.I am stuck with them because they have my homeowners.There are no companies writing new policies for house here on long island.my agent suggested being careful about switching the cars because my homeowners will proably get dropped if I don;t give them all my business.its true,the agent is not lying,I have heard from other people that this can and does happen here.

#31 ·
I switched from allstate to century 21. Doing so gave me better coverage at a lower price. Allstate for me was $250 a month for a 2011 Ram and 2011 durango, Century 21 was $113 a month. Recently we added a 97 ranger craptastic for the 16 year daughter to drive and that added $100 more a month .......winning!

#32 ·
Just ran a quote on a 2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi 4wd.
Full coverage, did not ask deductibles, but 6 months = $470

Asked for the previous trucks I had sent them VINs for, all 6 month intervals.
2013 Ford F150 Super Cab 5.0 4wd = $395
2013 GMC Sierra Ext Cab 6.2 4wd = $375
Note the GMC has a 403 hp motor.

Will never understand insurance rates. All trucks are approximately the same MSRP & all three were new.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.