DODGE RAM FORUM banner

which is better spray in liner ?

3K views 26 replies 19 participants last post by  The Crow 1994 
#1 ·
i just bought a new 2013 ram 1500 , 5.7 hemi , 4x4 quad cab . i now need to get a spray in liner . which one of these two spray liners is best to get ? rhino or linex spray bed liner ? does one look better years down the road ? is one more durable ? which one has a better look ? any input on this would be helpfull thank you .

#2 ·
I love my linex, but from all the comments I Read, its really the shop that does it that makes for a good spray in liner, the prep is the most important, also have them pull all your plugs and bolts so they don't spray them into place. Also, you have slits for water to be drained from the floor, make sure they know where they are and that they make sure not to close those up. Also, when you pick up your truck after the process, go around the truck with your hand, over spray is a bitch to get off and its not once your home you want to be driving back to have them clean it. I have seen more than one post of guy gets spray in bed liner from great place 2hrs away and when he gets home he notices his nerf bars are covers with over spray, after close examination, rear bumper and passenger door have crap all over them. 4 hrs of cleaning later. Sort of sucks.

#3 ·
Line-x Platinum. 300% stronger. UV fade resistant. That's what I bought for $475.

#6 ·
I'd say the actual liners are pretty similar, its the prep work that matters like with all metal finishes.

#7 ·
I have had 2 pickups with Line-X
One was not a new vehicle & the current one was

Take a look at any 2013 Ram that is in the dealerships inventory & has a spray in liner
Line-X is the company that runs Ground Effects, a company that has been used by Chrysler & other brand vehicles for several years
this is their website http://www.gfxltd.com/

Line-X has a Coupon on their site, i believe it is for $20 & printable
sometimes the dealership can get a better price for you
Line-X actually picked up my vehicle & dropped it back off after it was sprayed

I believe both Line-X & Rhino Liner both have lifetime warranties

If i had a different use for my truck bed, like normal pickup owners do, like for camping, hunting, fishing, hauling sand, carrying dogs, etc. I believe that i would have installed a different product from BEDRUG
http://www.impactmovie.com/bedrug/

#8 ·
I got Line X Premium installed today. It cost me $584 with my $50 Military Discount. The Premium is $99 more at the time of install, I think its worth it because it prevents it from fading over time. It looks great though. They made sure they didn't cover up the drain slits. There was a little overspray, I pointed it out and they cleaned it right off.

#9 ·
Line-x won't fade Rhino will look chalky and faded in less than a year.

#18 ·
From my experience Rhino Liner is a bit softer and grippier than Line-X. This isn't a bad thing - If you're truck is a bit more casual use, I usually recommend Rhino over Line-X since stuff doesn't slide as much with it... But if your truck is a work truck, and you're going to beat the hell out of it, You can't beat Line-X..

#19 ·
wow it looks like linex seems the way to go . my truck is not a heavy work truck but i will put wood and general home garden stuff in the bed . my 2006 ram had a spray in liner when i bought it used with 26,000 miles on it and just before i traded it in i noticed it had a haze to the color with spotty shine spots in bed . i had no issues with that spray liner as far as chipping or peeling . i do not know if it was a factory one or aftermarket one since i was 2nd owner but with my new truck i want something good and linex seems to be the concensous on forum . thank you for all the input it is helpfull .

#20 ·
Another vote for Line-x Platinum. I got it installed 3 days after I got the truck and it's obviously very durable and looks great. The only thing that might sway me towards Rhino is if I worked in the bed a lot with shorts on. Line-x is definitely not comfortable to drag your leg across but after you do it one time you won't do it again. :)

#24 ·
I just had line-x done today. Was done very well and looks great. There was a chip in the factory paint when I bought the truck but of course I didn't notice it till I got home. It was right by the rear part of the ram box below the top cap. Showed it to the line-x guys and they sprayed up high enough to take care of it!

#27 ·
My Line-X dealer quoted me $200 more for color matching spray.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.