DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Finally Got My WHEELS! (PICS)

23K views 218 replies 41 participants last post by  adamsmith1980 
#1 ·
First off, thanks to all who have gave me helping hand in this project I am very thankful. I have a 2010 Dodge ram 1500 Big Horn with a RCX 1.25 Body lift, Bilstein shocks up front set at 2.8, TGC 1 inch rear spacer and 35x12.50R20 Federal M/T with 20x10 -24 offset Fuel Throttles. I am so happy with the way it looks the stance is sick, but a small amount of rubbing on my left side when turning at full lock to the left. Let me know what you guys think!!!!:smileup:

Attachments

See less See more
#103 ·
Well I tried to pour them in through the valve and the sensor is in the way. So will have to take it to a shop and get them to put them in behind the rim. But as far as the question about them holding up I was told that they are going to be fine with the TMPS. We will see!

#107 ·
Ok thx land..I dont think thats my issue here because I have had the wheel off and balanced so hope they would of caught that already..

#108 ·
Thx Little girl! Im happy with it forsure just need to get this shake figured out!

#110 ·
I am a teacher/lacrosse coach and my evenings are taking up with coaching so when I get off work right now the shops are closed so hopefully very soon!

#111 ·
Does a body lift help with the rubbing of the tires if they are too wide.. I am currently trying to decide between the kmc xd's 20X8.5 with +10 offset or 20X10 -24 offset. Ive got a 2013 ram with bilsteins, also trying to decide running them at 2.8 with a rear spacer, or 2.1 with a body lift. Any thoughts?

#112 ·
Yes it will help greatly!
Well depends on what body lift you choose. 1.25" or 3"
Either way, it helps as it gives that additional room for clearance

If you dont want to add the body lift, I would find a rim that is 20x9 with a 0 offset
But lift and what you can run is all relative...
If you need pricing on wheels and tires let me know
All ours ship for free, mounted and balanced with lugs included.

#113 ·
What fast said beast!!! It does and I have them at 2.8 and the 1.25 bl plusthe TG rear 1 inch spacer..So IMO get the bl if your not doing a suspension lift ..I had just a small amount of rubbing on my left side on some rubber pc and I took care of that no problem. I would get the -24 offset every one loves my set up when they see it in person

#114 · (Edited)
I was thinking of getting the 20X8.5 rim and just doing bilsteins and 35's. I do like the look of the body lift, I just dont want my tires to be sticking out too far, not really intested in flares, plus your tires look extremly wide. How many inches differnece beween the 20X10's -24 and a 20X8.5 +10. I wish they made a 20X10 -12 and save me the hassle of this

#116 ·
Looks like I will go with the 20X10's -24 offset. Trying to find some narrower 35's to put on so im not sticking out too far. Any thoughts? Also, with the body lift, your using a rear spacer as well? If i set my bilstens at 2.1 it wouldn't be needed to be level would it? Rather than the bilsteins at 2.8 and a rear spacer?

#119 ·
then again, maybe i need the 2.8 setting to clear the tires from rubbing
can your truck still fit throut a 7' garage door opening?
295/60 or 295/65 maybe an option for you! But they are smaller than a full size 35"
for setting your bilstein you need to measure your current rake to make sure you know what it is before hand.

Not sure about bknife, but i have 6" lift and bilsteins set to 1.4 and 35's (waiting on my 37's) and my truck is 82.5" and my garage opening is 83" (1" shorter than 7 feet) to be exact. so I squeak in there. with the 37's, i will be 1/2" too tall

So you will be ok

#120 ·
Beast with my set up right now I still fit in my garage which is 82.5 inches tall...I have about 1 inch to spare.

#121 ·
wow thats close...i think i might have to move my header up so I can fit in. Im thinking about getting the body lift as well....and i think my great ruim debate is solved with the new kmc rockstars II. They are making a 20X9 -12, perfect for my needs, and plus i wont have the same rockstars as everybody else, at least for now, only bad thing is I will have to wait until augest. Now I will be trying to figure out if I can set my bilsteins to 2.1 and not rub or I will have to go with them set at 2.8 and then think about a rear spacer...decisions decisions

#123 ·
True beast but I bought the bilsteins one for the lift and two for the ride so I wanted to get as much lift as possible with out spending the big money for the suspension lift. IMO go as high as you can because it will look better with the 35s not being so stuffed...Good luck brother!

#124 ·
I will try and clean up my truck and post some different pics up soon! My lacrosse season is almost over and that takes up my time.

#125 ·
So I just got the balancing beads in and he said it will take a few miles to get them to work will keep you updated!

#129 ·
What fast said. Also my beads are in and its much better than it was!

#131 ·
Yeah its better fast but still not a 100%..But I will see how it goes the next couple of days!

#133 ·
yeah me too..I will have to see how it goes!

#134 ·
New Pics

Here ya go!:smileup:

Attachments

#135 · (Edited)
More Pics:wavey:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.