DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Tire Carrier - Call for pics

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  RAM357 
#1 ·
Alright, I searched through most of the tire carrier threads (not so many) and couldn't find much info.

I just recently got 35's on 17s and need to put the full size somewhere. from what I understand, the undercarriage won't allow 35x12.50 to fit. I know that the mounting plate will not fit in the new wheel's center (center bore is too small).

This leeds to finding a solution that gets the spare in the truck and secured for shifting and theft prevention. I would like a TireGate PR or RR, but 800-900 bucks to setup a spare is not in the cards for me at the moment.

Best cost option looks to be a bed mounted one. Problem, these take up bed space, and I use my truck bed.

I found a removable pre-runner style tire carrier from Warrior Products.

Does anyone use this? I'd like to know how it has stood up to removal and wear and tear, if any.

If anyone has any other solutions that they are using, please post pics and feel free to sell me on your way of doing things.

Here is the Warrior one mounted. (don't mind the Ford)

See less See more
#2 ·
Im trying to find the same thing. I ended up finding the same one as you. My question is how far above the back window does it go with 35x12.50s? will it block your view? Im kinda going the Baja look with mine but don't want screwing me up either. And I also throw my 4 wheeler in the back, so I need it removable too.

#3 ·
#4 ·
I'm late to the party but I was going to suggest...

#5 ·
I love the look of the Warrior Baja tire carrier as well. 37's are on their way, and I got 5 so I can rotate a 5th through so I'd like somewhere decent to mount it.

This looks choice.

OP, I tried PM'ing you but I'm 15 posts short so I'm dredging up this slightly old thread to see if you followed through on the install, and what your overall feedback is.

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.