DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Dually Conversion

8K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  crusher 
#1 ·
I have a 99 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 quad cab. I am wanting to convert it to a dually, I have a friend that torched the motor in a 3500 and will sell me all the parts for 500. Anyone know if the axles will bolt up the same on my truck or if there is another way to do this?

#4 ·
humm a friend did this from a 2500 to a dual wheel 3500.

if i remember right he needed the rear diff, the susp, the brakes,... after fitting it to the frame(some holes did not line up) he had to get the drive shaft modified and since he did not got it rebalance after the mod, it shake's arouns 55mph but in hes case its ok, he actually use that truck to spread salt on the ground ,... he has a snow removal cie,..

one thing is that his 2500 is a 1995 or 1998 not sure and the parts were from a much recent truck,..

hope this helps, if you have more specific question, i could phone him and ask him,

by the way his truck is for sell, its still runnig very good

#5 ·
now I can see your friends problem with vibration. If his axle and springs came from a newer then 02 2500 or 3500 . But if he keeps the original springs on truck and use's drive shaft off doaner should do ok. Might have to change front yoke.

#6 ·
no he use the 3500 suspension but the issue was that he had the drive shaft modified and they did not rebalance the drive shaft,

he only has to send the drive shaft to be balance and everything should be fine but he's selling the truck so,.. no point of doing it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.